Chapter Fourteen-

"Gooood morning, sunshine!" My eyes fluttered open to the annoyingly cheery voice of Lee, only to feel surprise jolt through my body as I launched myself to the other side of the bed in an attempt to get away from his face, which was merely a centimetre from mine a minute ago. 

    "What- what the- what the hell, Felix?" He chuckled heartily before kneeling on the bed, at the area I was previously enjoying my sleep in. 

    "You know it's like almost twelve already, right?" My eyes shot towards the alarm clock on my bedside table, proving Lee's words true. 

    "Yeah, so? It's a Saturday. Saturday's always lazy day." He waved his slender index finger at me, patronisingly.

    "Sunday is always lazy day; Saturday is fun day!" He grinned widely, sounding and looking like a five year old kid on Christmas morning. "Now come on, get up! We gots fun stuff to do." The grin never left his face. It was unnerving, really. But I obliged, dragging myself out of bed and into the bathroom to turn the shower on. Just as I was about to pull my pants down, Lee waltzed straight in without any warning. 

    "Felix! What the hell, get out!" But he just leaned against the door frame, crossing one ankle over the other and smiled shamelessly. 

    "Come on, Jake, seriously?" 

    "Just because you've already seen this," I slid a hand down my stomach in mock tease. "Doesn't mean you get to see it all the time." Lee threw a pout my way, so I threw a towel his, which hit him straight in the face and he stumbled back a little from the force. He tossed it to the floor and pointed a scowl in my direction. 

    "I've done more than just see it," I heard him mutter under his breath. I chose to ignore the comment. 

    "Get out," I pointed to the doorway. He sighed dramatically, but obeyed nonetheless, slouching towards the door and shutting it behind him. 

    I showered pretty quick, finally got dressed and headed back into my room whilst towel-drying my hair. Lee wasn't anywhere to be found, so I figured he'd gone downstairs. Or he was hiding underneath my bed...I didn't bother to check. 

    After drying my hair and styling it, I threw a leather jacket over my shirt and jogged down the stairs to find Lee sitting on the sofa, chatting to my dad. I watched them with a look of bewilderment, eyeing my enthusiastic father and my cheerful best friend-slash-secret boyfriend with suspicion. Something was very wrong here. Why are they talking like they're best pals? In fact, why're they talking at all? 

    Ah shit, it's an omen. Was this the end of the world? 

    I walked slow, as if I was walking into a war zone and had to tread carefully, no misplaced footsteps or something might explode. My fathers eyes snapped to mine as soon as I took that first step closer, edging towards the kitchen where I was sure I'd find Mandy. 

    "Afternoon, Jake," he greeted with a wide, slightly fear-inducing, smirk on his lips. I lazily waved my hand in his direction as a return 'hello' and shuddered at the sight of Lee grinning at me. I briefly wondered if he was plotting something, like the scheming git he is. 

    "Felix, you uh, do you wanna...?" I nodded my head towards the kitchen's direction, indicating him to follow me in. 

    "Oh, yeah, sure," he nodded a goodbye to my father before joining me at my side as we walked towards the kitchen. "Your father's great," he beamed a smile my way. I eyed him a little cautiously, leaning away from him. 

    Mandy was dancing about the kitchen in her usual fashion. That was...until she saw me and Felix walk into the room. Her eyes turned mischievous and daring, a quirk to her lips that left me slightly unnerved. I made an immediate u-turn, yanking Lee around with me and headed for the games room, instead.