Introduction + Trailer + Soundtrack

Love is Merely Madness

[Book 1]

Written By Starswim

~

"Love is merely a madness and, I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do, and the reason why they are not so punished and cured is that the lunacy is so ordinary that the whippers are in love, too."

~

Thank you all for choosing to read this series. I hope you'll enjoy it. Don't be afraid to leave a comment below or click on the star. Your opinion and votes matter.

This book starts as a Jonathan Crane love/horror story that takes place slightly before the Batman Begins movie timeline.

~

Warning

While this story contains hearts and flowers, it also comes with mature content that is inappropriate for younger viewers. I'll do my best to warn you before the chapter starts, but just in case, viewer discretion is advised.

Beware of some major trigger warningsviolence, mentions of sexual assault, psychological torture, inmate and child abuse, drug usage, and swearing. 

~

Disclaimer

I don't own anything that belongs to DC or the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy except for twists in the plot and my original characters. Anyone who wishes to make a fanfic based on this alternate universe and/or include my OCs' in their story, please, notify me for permission and give me credit. Thank you.

~

Meet the Main Characters for Part 1

Here's an introduction to some of the saga's characters so you can picture the originals a little better.  Some that haven't been mentioned will probably be introduced more in part 2, or I'll leave it to your imagination.

~

Kathryn Knightly

Psychologist in Arkham Asylum

who 

leaves her old life behind to start a new

"You might act like a heartless tin man, but you're still a man with a beating heart."