Chapter Twenty-Seven

Billie

I groaned as I heard my phone ringing, waking me up from my sleep. I perked up when I knew who's ringtone it was though. My hand searched my bed for my phone, answering the call when I did.

"Hey baby."

"Hi, what happened to you after lunch you like disappeared? I texted you but you didn't respond, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, sorry about that mama. I wasn't feeling good so I kinda left and then I got home and crashed."

It wasn't a lie, I did kinda feel like shit and smoking this morning probably didn't help. I just needed to be in my bed.

"Can you come over? I really miss you and I wanna apologize for leaving you."

"Sure, but you don't have to apologize. You weren't feeling good. I'll be over soon I just gotta deal with my mom."

"Okay, be safe please cause I know you're gonna skate here."

"I will I promise. I'll see you soon Bil."

"See you soon mama."

She ended the call and I sighed. I was fucking exhausted, I barely slept last night then I had to wake up at the crack of dawn for school.

I figured I should probably try and get up and make myself decent. And clean my room.

I dragged myself out of bed to take a quick shower, throwing on a tank top and some sweats and started to pick up the various empty taki bags lying around my room. I lit a candle to get rid of any odd smells.

Thankfully my parents weren't home and neither was Finneas, he's probably at Claudia's house as always.

Lastly I ran my hands through my messy and honestly faded teal hair and put it up in a messy bun. Not really bothering to fully do it. I really need to get it re-dyed soon.

By the time I was done I heard Elle knocking on the door and a smile immediately grew on my face as I went to go answer the door.

"Hi, sorry I took a while. I was arguing with my mom."
She said, immediately embracing me in a hug.

"What about? If you don't mind me asking."

"Just dumb stuff. She doesn't like you."
She mumbled.

"Well I would assume not. She did call me a faggot when I went to your house."

"Ugh don't remind me. I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine, I've been called worse. How was your day baby?" I asked, gently running my hands through her short hair.

"It was alright. Alexis was torturing me again and you weren't there for half the day. You kinda make everything better for me."

Well now I feel a little guilty.

"Oh I'm sorry, love. I'll be there all day tomorrow I promise. And I'll beat Alexis's ass while I'm at it."

I cupped her face as she giggled and I brought her in to kiss her. I could never get tired of kissing her. It was like another drug I was addicted to and I always wanted more.

When we pulled away I rested my forehead on hers and resisted the urge to blurt out the words I love you.

"Have you eaten since lunch?" I asked quietly. Running my fingertips over her cheeks.

"No. I tried but I couldn't do it."

"Do you think you can try again? You need to eat something baby."