Chapter 3 - Chairman Kim

When we arrived back in Korea there was a car already waiting to drive us, pulling Eun-sang along I take her with me. I mean really, we would have to go to the Kim residence anyway to retrieve her mom. I'm just technically killing two birds with one stone here. With a frown I glance at the missed calls on my phone and tilt my head. Who are they? Eh, doesn't matter.

"Take us to Chairman Kim's home please." I say politely as Eun-sang gets settled beside me.

The man looks at me a little uneasy. "Your Eomma.."

"Take me to Chairman Kim's home." I repeat patiently as I pull out a wad of money and slip it to him.

He mutters to himself and then nods at me. "Why do I have to come with?" She asks me in a whisper as he shifts in the seat awkwardly.

"Your Eomma is there too I think." I mutter back to her. "But I have something that I need to do while we're there anyway."

After we arrived I got out before the driver could open my door and I held it open for Eun-sang. The driver was watching me with wide eyes. Grabbing her hand I bring her through the gate despite how walking into a place that I haven't been given explicit permission to enter. But, even so I straighten my spine and walk through as confidently as I possibly can.

When we reach the lavish house I knock on the door. After it's opened by a maid I speak to her about meeting the chairman. Not long after I'm walked what seems to be an office. When Eun-sang goes to turn away I shake my head, with a confused frown she nods.

Not long after we are instructed to enter the large office. The chairman sits near the couches with a blanket on his lap, he has a frown on his face as he looks at us.

"Yoo Rachel." He comments, his voice sounding slightly horse. "What do I owe the pleasure?"

"I'm here to break my engagement with Kim Tan." I reply swiftly, I notice how his eyes move to Eun-sang suspiciously and back to me quickly. "And I'm going to be adopting her and her mother into my family."

He focuses back on me, blinking in confusion. "Eh? You can't break your engagement with Tan. Nor will your mother allow it. Just like I doubt she'll adopt them."

"She will." I reply simply as I grab Eun-sang's hand and head towards the door.

Stopping right before the doors I stop and turn back to the old man. "Your wife is a lying bitch who wants your fortune and your company by the way."

His mouth opens in protest when I continue on. "Your Mistress is a much better person and a better mother. If you were my father I would be ashamed of you."

With that, despite hearing him call me back I keep walking. I can see the older brother of Kim Tan walking past me with a frown on his face when I don't stop to greet him. He stops and says my name but I continue on, I hear him turn and start to follow us down before he stops on the last step to simply watch. When we got to the floor below we find her eomma and help her pack. It was difficult to convince her and in the end we had a small audience as we gathered her things up.

On our way out I stop and turn towards the chairman's mistress, ignoring Kim Won and the chairman. "Miss, if you ever need a place to stay I'll gladly help you. You're a wonderful mother. Don't let that bitch get you down ya?"

With that, turning on my heel I practically march us out of the house regardless of the calls for us to come back in. Kim Won had followed us out but he didn't catch us in time before our car left.

I am quite sure that I'm going to get a talking to from my eomma when I return home.

——

"Eomma." I greet her as I walk in with Eun-sang and her eomma beside me. "Meet, your adopted sister and my cousin."