37- That word

I guess this is sort of 'George's room part 2' but I decided to change the name.

TWs: Mentions of abuse, rape and blood. (Tell me if I missed one.)

Ps there will be a summary near the end of the chapter.

George sighed before turning around, still sitting on the bed with Dream sitting behind him.

Then he started talking.

"Two years ago I got into a relationship with this guy called Zack. He was my first serious relationship and after seven months we moved in together. One night, we were watching a film and when the credits started rolling he said that he lo-" George paused. "Well he said that word. I don't think I felt it back but I said it anyway, so I didn't hurt his feelings. But that's when things started getting bad." George stopped to take a deep breath.

"Take your time, Dream whispered.

"The day after we said that thing, he came back from work super annoyed about his boss. He took his anger out on me. I broke a glass and he just started shouting at me. He said that I'm not careful enough and I always do things wrong. But then he picked up his own glass and smashed it on the ground, saying that if could get away with smashing things, so could he. He picked up another glass but this time he aimed at my face. The moment he did that, he ran over to me and apologised a lot. He picked me up and carried me to that bath. I was in shock so he helped me bathe and washed the blood off my forehead and out of my hair."

George took a second to wipe a few tears from his face before talking again. "It continued like that for a few weeks. He'd get mad at me for the smallest things and then hurt me in one way or another. After he would always be super apologetic and say that it wouldn't happen again. When I was younger I always thought that I would never get into a toxic relationship and if I did, I'd get out immediately. But that's not what happened at all. At first I didn't realise I was in a toxic relationship, I just believed him when he said it was a one time thing. Then I just started convincing myself that everything was fine. I wasn't stupid, but I didn't let myself realise how bad my situation was."

He took another, unsteady breath. "A few weeks later, he got back from the pub really late at night. He was wasted. He woke me up by trying to get my pants off. I asked him what he was doing because I had just woken up so I was confused. He said he wanted to make me feel good but I said I didn't want to because he was drunk and I was too tired. He got mad and I thought he would hit me but instead he forced me down and fucked me 'till I bled. The next day we both acted like nothing happened. He only raped me three times but that is three times too many."

By now Dream too had tears in his eyes, but George kept going. "After a while, Bad noticed a wound that Zack had recently made. I didn't want to tell him at first so I made up a lie about a bike accident. Luckily he saw through that and we called the police. Zack has been in prison since but I can't forget about what he did to me. Everything with him started when he said that word. I know you wouldn't do that to me, but I thought that same with Zack too. So that explains why I always got panic attacks when I was around you. Whenever I felt those feelings towards you, I'd get scared and push them down. Eventually I realised they were inevitable and I let myself get close to you. But then you said that word and it brought back memories."

TW over! Summary: George was in a bad past relationship with someone called Zack. It only started getting bad when Zack said 'I love you' and George said it back but didn't really mean it. He knows that Dream would never hurt him but he thought that with Zack too so he isn't taking any chances.

By this point George was struggling to speak as tears flooded his eyes. Dream gently put a hand on his shoulder, but George flinched away.

"Baby, I'm so sorry." He whispered. "I had no idea."

George turned around to face him and immediately fell into his arms. "J-just because I don't say the word, doesn't mean I don't mean it. I just need to say it in my own time."

"Can I still say it to you? Or does it bring back those memories?"

"Still say it. I like it when you say it, just don't expect me to say it back. And it might take me a while to say it, if ever."

"That's okay, I don't mind as long as I get to be with you." He said. "Is that why you said that you're used to it after that man sexually assaulted you at the party?"

"Yeah."

"And why you hung up on my after I said those nice things about you when we played Minecraft?"

"It is. It's also why I was so upset when Bad moved in with Skeppy. Because he was the only one who knew my full story so I felt safe with him."

Dream hummed. "George?"

"Yes?"

"Have you thought about therapy?"

"My dad always said that therapy is a scam."

"We've already established that your dad is an idiot."

George giggled softly and wiped his tears. "Okay, lets look into therapy tomorrow."

It feels good to talk to someone about it. Especially Dream.

~956 words~

The big reveal!

Sorry for the dialogue heavy chapter

This story was meant to be light-hearted with little to no angst but look where we are now. Hopefully there wont be too much more angst and just a load of fluff!

-Esme