Genetics

CW - Suggestive innuendos

-💙-💛-🌈-💛-💙-

"Blue?"

Blue looked up from the pan of his unfinished, homemade French toast. His eyes met Dream's golden ones, who was sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I have a..." He paused, "Hypothetical scenario, and I would like your opinion on it."

"Haha! Okay?"

"So you know how tigers and lions can be bred to create a phenomenon called "ligers?"

Blue nodded, "..Why..?"

"And you know how ligers cannot reproduce with other ligers to create more ligers? You are aware of how they are genetically dead ends?"

"Uhh, yes? Why?"

"I was wondering if it was the same case with more...humanoid creatures."

"Well," Blue stopped to turn over the toast, "Depends on the set of creatures right? Maybe you could give me an example."

When Blue turned back over to look into the living room, Dream was suddenly before him, his chest barely a couple of inches away from Blue's face.

"AHG! Oh uh, hey Dream. You scared me haha..."

Dream tilted Blue's face up with the tips of his fingers.

"An example? Hm...how about...an immortal guardian and a mortal?"

Blue felt the blood rush to his cheeks as he pulled away from Dream and pulled his scarf over his nose.

"HahAHA! UH! WELL! I uh..."

"Relax, I'm just teasing." Dream chuckled, sticking his tongue out playfully.

"I mean, it is an interesting question though, isn't it?"

"Hm?"

"To think about if it were possible for us to uhm."

"For me to breed you."

"NO! Well! Yes! But don't word it like that holy shit!"

Dream drew out a hearty laugh before pressing a kiss to Blue's nose, "But it flusters you, and you are very cute when you are flustered."

Blue rolled his eyes before clearing his throat, "As I was saying, if it were possible for us to have biological kids, without a surrogate, I wonder what would happen, you know?"

"I will admit, it is an interesting thing to think about. What is dominant and what is recessive? Would the child have a higher chance of inheriting my immortality or your mortality? Does that sort of thing even translate to genes?"

"Right?! I would assume that it would translate to genes, as magic is passed down similarly to things like hair and eye color. But whether your immortality is the dominant or recessive gene or not is the question."

"Christ, Blue. I love it when we are on the same page." Dream yanked Blue away by his scarf from the stove and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Blue placed his hands on Dream's chest, gripping onto his shirt.

Blue was dipped, his legs pressed together between Dream's. The kiss quickened, soon becoming an intense French kiss.

Blue's eyes shot open at the sound of a ding, signaling him to take the toast from the stove.

Blue pulled his face away and turn it to the side, Dream's lips replacing themselves on his cheek.

"Aww, I wasn't done with you."

"I have to finish this, then we can make out all you want."

"I'd love that."

"Yeah, I know you would," Blue muttered. He turned off the stove and placed the toast on two plates.

"I will question your decision to make French toast for dinner."

"Oh shut up! It's the superior breakfast-dinner food."

"It's not even French."

"And I'm not even fully human! So shut up."

Dream scoffed. Right. He always forgot about Blue's weird, half-human, half-monster heritage.

Dream pressed a kiss to Blue's forehead, "I love talking with you."

"I love talking with you too, as long as you aren't trying to get into my pants twenty-four seven."

Dream grinned, "But that's my favorite part."

-💙-💛-🌈-💛-💙-

my boys...

-Fallen

630 Words