(fluff)Trying Pt.3

I can't believe how much you guys love this- what do you think about it becoming a relitively regular little series? I'd love to hear in the comments!

So, here's some wholesomeness and a peek on these two making big adult decisions together! It's a direct continuation of the last chapter. This is part of the little "trying" series, so it won't make much sense unless you read the previous Oneshot.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy, you fluffy little coffee beans!
~~~~~~~~~~

Cross had fallen right back asleep, looking cozy and peaceful. Nightmare teleported downstairs, laying down on the couch with Cross. He pulled a blanket over the both of them with a heavy sigh, content to watch his husband sleeping peacefully. Everything was just like it should be... Cross close to his chest, the pleasant smell of lunch on the way, and the comfortable quiet of the castle. Of course, it was only quiet because Killer and Dust were helping out in the kitchen today. Horror had so kindly spared him breaking up any more rediculous fights between the two idiots...

Speaking of those three, he supposed he should discuss telling them with Cross. And Cross' little sibling as well, they'd gained their own body with the help of sci and Error not long before Night and Cross had gotten married. And there was the issue of telling Dream as well, he'd been very nervous about it. Of course they wouldn't tell any of them so early but at some point they would, so it was definitely something that needed doing.

They'd probably notice something was up soon enough, Cross hadn't been on the field at all, so they'd certainly start getting suspicious soon. They could talk over it after lunch if Cross wasn't feeling too tired. Poor thing had been more asleep than awake for the past couple of weeks... He really underestimated how much the Souling affected his magic. Nightmare put his hands on the smaller's back, right about where his soul would be, and started a slow stream of magic. Cross had been very hesitant with telling him when his levels were too low, so he really had to keep an eye on him.

Luckily Cross had gotten a bit better with it lately, so hopefully that improvement would continue. Cross made soft little mumbles in his sleep, probably related to the magic currently being fed into his soul. He didn't feel any pain or negativity coming from him though, so he knew it was alright. He was always careful to keep focus on Cross' emotions while he was doing this, after all, if it was done wrong it could easily do harm rather than help... Unfortunately that's just the way it is with magic directly involving the soul.

But that was okay, Nightmare was nothing if not careful... Nightmare snapped out of his thoughts as Cross stirred a little in his sleep, curling up to him even more than he had been before. His skull was tucked under Nightmare's chin and his limbs had tangled with his tendrils, arms wrapped around one of them and squeezing it gently in his sleep. Nightmare's soul fluttered as he looked down to see Cross hugging a tentacle to his chest, it was almost unfair how adorable he can be at times... Truly and utterly unfair.

Nightmare rested one of his hands on his lover's stomach, smiling happily... There was nothing that made him quite as happy as feeling their little souling spark. They'd finally developed enough to give little twitches and sparks, and Nightmare firmly believed that was damn near the most amazing and fascinating thing in the multiverse... Tied right at number one with Cross himself, of course.

He spent quite some time sharing his magic with Cross, giving his sleeping lover an obsessive amount of kisses and recalling stories of the multiverse in a hushed voice to their little one. Time had passed quickly after that, the only indications of this being Horror, walking into the room and quietly announcing that lunch was ready. He'd stopped sharing his magic as soon as he had sensed Horror, but he'd shared more than enough to leave Cross feeling better for... at the very least, the rest of today. Nightmare frowned as he sat up a little, gently rubbing Cross' back and whispering his name sweetly.