Chapter Six: Kat-napped

-

The music blared violently loud in Katalina's ears. She was almost certain that her eardrum was about to combust due to the pressure being forced into it.

Regret was quickly seeping into her mind as she glanced around the crowded living room. The large house was packed with hormonal children dancing in a crazy manner to the upbeat pop song in intimate pairs and small groups. Probably in looking to have a 'good time'.

Seriously? I did not sign up for this. Katalina grunted grumpily.

Some teens were sitting on the railing of the wide staircase drinking beers and spiked fruit punch. Communicating with what appeared to be friends. Some loners stood on the sidelines watching the other kids for sordid entertainment.

Where is he?

The boy in question suddenly appeared before her with a large grin smacked across his face. A beer bottle in hand.

"Hey Kate! You come here to enjoy the party?!"

She didn't even bother correcting him about her name. She knew he would only infuriate her further.

Sighing, she pulled him through the sweaty bodies and into the kitchen.

Over the years of having to help Josh with countless tasks, she had been inside the house enough times to know where almost all the rooms were situated.

"Woah, no need to rush. If you wanted to have a good time with me you could've just said so." Josh said jokingly just before they came to a stop behind the kitchen island.

Katalina's face remained passive as she said, "I thought we were finishing the project tonight." She crossed her arms, glaring up at him in a feisty manner.

He then ran a hand through his tangled, coffee brown hair. "We are," he said simply.

Katalina scrunched her face at his reply. Unsatisfied.

"How? Exactly?" She queried. Then gestured with a hand towards the messy kitchen.

There were empty beer bottles and yellow plastic cups randomly scattered on the counter and island. There were even a few on top of the refrigerator and stove.

Pigs, a,Katalina growled distastefully inside her head.

"You decided to throw a party after we agreed to meet back at your house at seven. Why would you do that after we specifically agreed to meet here?" She was practically begging for a good explanation.

But sadly, and expectedly, that was too much to ask.

All she got was a careless shrug, along with a look that suggested he didn't really seem to care. And what he said next ticked off something inside of her.

"I got bored of waiting because you took too long."

He wasn't even looking at her! He just lazily glanced over Katalina's head at a group of teenagers acting like deformed monkeys, laughing their asses off.

He chuckled in amusement.

But she was not amused.

"Seriously!" Katalina exclaimed. "That's your excuse?"

Josh's brown eyes darted to hers. "Pretty much. It's not like I need you."

Her hands found her hair in unrestrained anger and frustration. "I can't deal with this right now—you know what? I'm leaving! You can finish your stupid project by yourself."

She stormed pass him towards the living room. Fully intent on leaving.

Such an asshat. I hope he steps in dog crap somewhere.