Just to Begin

"And this is the 92.3 no Commerical hour!" said the man on the radio as I was waking up. I was still in the car I with My Mama and Little Brother.

"Yeah I'm taking them home now" said My Mama driving with her headset in her ears.

My little brother and I spent the weekend at my Mama's house. "Yeah Girl, I'm almost to their grandma house, I'm finna drop them off. Okay imma Call you back, Come on yall" My Mama said with all of us getting out the car.

We walked up and ringed the doorbell, nobody answer we ringed the doorbell again my grandma yelled out the window towards mama "We told you not to bring them here." 

The day before my Mama and Daddy had a argument, I didn't know it was that serious. Then, My grandma yelled again "Leave before we call the police,"  so we got back in the car. and so my Og( mama ) she called my daddy and they started arguing again.

"Why did you do this?" There was a pause. The phone hung up and she started crying. Out of all the years they fought and my mama moved out and all I've never saw my mama cry like that night. She started driving and I guess we was going back to her house and I was going to mis my last 2 days of 6th grade.

Then my phone vibrated, it was my best friend maddy. "What are you doing?- From: Maddy Sent: June 2, 2012. 

"In the car with my mama she crying." I said

"You on your way  back and Why is she crying?"

"I don't know and I don't think im going to school tomorrow"

"Oh Okay :(" End of conversation.

We Went Back to My Mama and Her best friend's apartment in O'hare. I didn't know nothing about what happened.

~

After a few weeks of not talking to my Daddy, He called me He told me that I had a decision to make either live wiith him or my mama. I saw how hurt my Og was so I stayed with her and my brother went with my daddy. When that happened my friends started blowing up my phone, asking where i was and was I okay it was hard for me because I had to tell them I wouldn't be coming back and so my mama's best friend Nisha went to go get her daughter to stay with me so I wouldn't be in the apartment by myself. Her name was Keyanna and she was 9 and I was 11 at the time, Both of our Birthdays was coming up so we were going to be a year older. 

My Og and Nisha worked at the same job but different times. My Og worked Mornings to like 6p.m. and Nisha worked from 4 p.m Till 1a.m. So we had 2 hours to ours selfs each day,  but the good thing about it wa they would always buy us food before and after work. I was always in charge.

The summer flew past, and before I knew it was 12 years old and was about to start 7th grade. My mama made arangments with my grandaddy that I would stay with him when I start school. He lived on the westside of chicago, but since the Cps (Chicago Public School) district teachers went on strike Keyanna and I got a few extra days to say our goodbyes.

*I hope yall like my first chapter of my book I know it's Short but further in the story it will get way better and longer. Please leave comments, me on  insta @Jay_murrda and add me on Facebook @Jada Redditt