003

"I'm not a kid, please, big brother." Emma eyed her brother and put back the lunch box on the table while I placed mine in the bag. She was wearing a white tank top and a pink mini skirt, while I was in blue jeans and a black top. She would always cause trouble before school, and that was now her routine.

"Everyone's ready?" Mikey, who was ready and looking like a hot meal freshly made, ran between us in a hurry and picked up his car keys. His scent flew with the air and hit my nostrils.

"What the hell are you even wearing?" he chuckled, mentioning me and leaving the house after passing a comment. I scanned myself, and honestly speaking, I don't know what made him say so because I looked pretty decent. But it was horrible for my innocent heart that longed for him to compliment me just once.

"He was just joking." Shinichiro saw me lost in my thoughts and whispered in my ear, setting my hair on my shoulder. I gave him a weak smile and followed Emma, who had a huge purse in her hand filled with cosmetics.

"By the way, really, what the hell are you wearing?" Emma chuckled, slowly walking down the hill in her high heels. I have tolerated enough of her madness and hatred for me, but I never said a single word to back her off. At that moment, something was flaming inside me.

"I call them clothes, but I'm not sure about you," I mumbled in my mouth. I bet she heard it, but she wasn't a person who would accept her defeat that easily.

"I will sit with him." She crossed me and began walking briskly in high heels. We had to walk down the hill to get to the car. Assuming Mikey left before us, he would already be in the car.

We both got inside the car, and his aroma hit my nose. It was like everything about him was special to me.

"I told ex-gf/r/n about your arrival; she didn't know," Emma, who was trying to catch Mikey in his lie about staying in contact with ex-gf/r/n, stated.

"Yeah! I didn't feel like telling her." He was nineteen, legally allowed to drive, but he hadn't had his license made yet, and for some twisted reasons, no one was going to question him.

"So Y/N," Mikey shook me up by mentioning my name on his beautiful lips. I straightened my back when he watched me through the rear-view window. "How is a school for you?" His eyes traveled back to the road.

"It is good," I replied. I keep praying to get a moment to talk to him but always end up embarrassing myself with short, stupid answers.

"Heard you are still scoring higher in all the sections," he said, his voice so melodic and distracting. I will always lose my words when talking to him.

"Yeah! I study hard!" I answered, digging nails in my skin due to nervousness.

"That's all she does—study and only study." Emma tried to joke, but none of us laughed.

"That's what school is for; you should be studying too because your falling grades are going to piss off Grandpa very badly." He shut her up for me; I knew he was my savior.

He parked in the school's parking lot, and before he would step out, the girls and the boys gathered around the car.

"Hey Mikey!" His friend, Baji, my bully and the person I hate the most, greeted him with a hug. I stole my eyes from him because it was awkward that he was acting nice around me. One important thing that I missed about Baji was that he was my ex-girlfriend's brother. Her ex-girlfriend was waiting from afar; she wanted to talk to Mikey alone. I stood by them until I saw Yuzuha coming my way.

"Thank goodness, you arrived." Finding an escape, I murmured in her ear.

"See, that's why I dislike them." She gestured towards Mikey and Baji, who were joking with the cheerleading squad playfully.

"It's Baji; his company is toxic." I excluded Mikey very wisely. Yuzuha would always argue in such moments, but this time she was focused on her surroundings to find something to gossip about.

"Yo Aunt," one of Baji's and Mikey's mutual friends, Chifuyu, said as he rushed towards his friend. I didn't say anything; the comment was for me, as Yuzuha was everybody's eye candy.

"She is still better than you, you d***less pr***!" Yuzuha, who would always stand up for me, yelled, gaining the attention of Mikey and everyone else.

"Ohh! Look who came to welcome me!" Mikey smirked, smiling through his beautiful eyes. Yuzuha rolled her eyes and put her body weight on one foot.

"You wish," she said, sighing in annoyance. I saw my ex-girlfriend slowly walking away when Mikey didn't pay her any attention.

"Why, aren't you happy to see me?" Mikey flirtatiously got closer to her, and I suddenly felt uncomfortable. She was my best friend, and he was my crush, or more like my imaginary boyfriend.

"Is there something pleasant about you to make me feel happy? Um, nope, it's nothing." She rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand, parting us from him.

"See, he is such a douche; I don't like him. I have no idea what these girls see in him." She kept babbling while I followed her. Honestly speaking, I was hurt by his flirtatious behavior with every girl that passed him.

"You go ahead; I will see you in class," I weakly whispered, lacking energy. "My books are in the locker," adding to ease her up. She gave me a nod and joined the class with the rest of the students while I made my way alone to the lockers—not a very bright idea, I know.

I opened my locker, and soon it was slammed shut again by Baji, who was standing behind me.

"Wha---?" I halted, turning around in rage, but seeing him, I knew he was going to win.

"Hey, Aunt Y/N." He smirked, blocking me between his hands as he placed them on the wall.

"Let me go," I mumbled, hoping he would remove his hands and let me go, not for my sake but for his own friend's sake.

"And why would I do that?" He bit his lower lip, and a feeling of disgust hit me. He thought he looked sexy, didn't he?

"I will yell," I warned, not meeting our eyes. I wasn't going to anyway because that would grab more attention, which I wasn't looking for.

"I know you will," his eyes traveled down to my lips, "in bed," he added, making me raise my eyes and finally stare him in the eye. A smile of satisfaction took over his lips as he saw me shivering at the choice of his words. He enjoyed seeing me suffer like that. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to lock his lips with mine.