The Park

Soarin wore a white hoodie with his school's name on the back, a dark blue baseball cap on his head. He looked around the empty park, waiting for Rainbow to show up.

There was the sound of crunching leaves and soon enough his rainbow girl emerged into the light of the street lamp, wearing sweatpants and a sweater, her hair pulled to a side braid. Despite her simple attire, she looked perfect in Soarin's eyes. "Sup, Skies" Rainbow greeted, approaching him.

"Hey beautiful" he greeted back, smiling at her.

The girl rolled her eyes and punched his arm. "Uhh..nice cap?"

"You don't recognize it? It's the one you gave me three years ago" Soarin took it off and handed it to her. Rainbow inspected the baseball cap. She looked at the navy blue haired boy  "You kept it?"

"It's a gift from you, why wouldn't I?" Soarin revealed.

"I never saw you wear it though" Rainbow handed the cap back to Soarin.

"You never saw me wear it at school because I didn't want anyone to steal it" Soarin said.

"Oh" Rainbow scratched the nape of her neck as silence hang in the air. It wasn't an awkward silence but it wasn't comfortable either. "Uhh...those texts umm.." she stammered. Soarin just looked at her and smiled. "Why did you decide to start texting me? Everyday? Every hour?" Rainbow asked.

"Why not?" Soarin shrugged. Rainbow glared at him, causing him to laugh. "Because I wanted to get to know you better. We've been classmates for three years, we're on the same team but, we don't know much about each other do we? I want us to be...." Blushing, and scratching his cheek, the boy looked away from the girl. "Closer"

"Those texts you sent me weren't directed at getting to know me though" Rainbow snorted.

"No, they were sort of an excuse to talk to you" Soarin said, smiling goofily. Rainbow chuckled.

"But I did learn a couple of interesting things about you"

"Such as?"

"When you're drunk you get more fearless and reckless, your brother is over protective of you and seems to hate my guts. And you're okay with flirting with me over the phone" Soarin counted.

"W-who said anything about flirting Skies?! That's called being friendly!" Rainbow defended.

"No, sweetheart you were definitely flirting with me" Soarin grins.

"Fuck off Skies! You're imagining things!" Rainbow yelled. Suddenly, she was lifted off her seat and then placed on Soarin's lap. "H-hey! Put me down you damned bastard! Skies!"

"Don't you think it's time you call me Soarin?"

"Hah?"

Soarin sighed, and placed his head against Rainbow's chest, his hands on her hips to keep her from moving. "You call me Skies at school and even when we meet outside. You only call me by my name over the phone and sometimes you call me by my full name" he raised his head and locked his emerald eyes to her ruby ones.

"My name, Soarin. Say it princess" he ordered.

Rainbow swallowed a lump in her throat and looked to her side, blushing a little bit. "S-" she stuttered. "S-Soa-"

"Hmm, it's not that hard princess" he teased.

"S-Soarin..." She managed to choke out, turning even more red.

Soarin laughed at her red face. She looked so adorable, he could just kiss her right there and then.

Suddenly Rainbow's right hook hit his jaw, and she jumped off him. "BYE BITCH!" She screamed, still red faced, and stormed away, flipping him off. Soarin laughed, rubbing his sore jaw.

"She's so cute" he sighed.