Chapter 2

Y/n is seen sitting in a large bed, he had bandages wrapped on his forehead and waist. He was plugged into medical equipment next to the bed. Y/n reaches for his post-it note on the table to his right, but his stomach begins to sting, causing him to reel back. 

He hears a knock on the door on the other side of the door. A man in a suit walks in, he has silver hair and blue eyes. The man was roughly around 6 ft tall, and he seemed to be fit for a 40 year old. He was carrying a tray with a bowl of soup and some utensils. 

???: Ah

???: Ah. You're up. Wonderful timing, I had just prepared soup soup in case you had awoken.

Y/n: W-where am I? Where's Ms. Yuki?? Who are you??

The man sets the tray in the boy's legs, and hands him a spoon. The man then bows to him. 

???: My name is Tanaka Hiroshi. I will be of your service while you recover. As far as the news said, Ms. Yuki is currently recovering in the hospital. As for where you are, you're within the Sato residence. 

Y/n: Can i… can I talk to my mom? 

The butler shakes his head.

Hiroshi: I'm sorry, but you're already pronounced dead…

Y/n's eyes widen.

Y/n: What do you mean? I'm alive!

Hiroshi: Yes you are, but due to a lack of a body, and all of your blood at the Crime scene. They assumed you were taken away injured. So they searched for you… but after a month they gave up.

Y/n: A month?!

Hiroshi: *nods* You've been asleep for a month now. I would normally bring food in here to check if you're awake, but recently another member of the house got sick, so that soup was initially hers… luckily, I still have a fresh batch downstairs.

Y/n unsure what to do, look at his post-it notes…

Y/n: Can I have the post-it notes?

Hiroshi looked at the boy, and handed him the post-it note.

Hiroshi: Well, I should be off then, if you need help, don't be afraid to press the button on the side of the bed. Now, Akane should be arriving to visit you shortly.

Before Y/n could ask who Akene was, the butler had already turned, and walked out of the room. Y/n drops the post-it note causing it to glow as Grim appears. The small dragon was about to launch himself to Y/n, when Y/n stopped him. Instead Y/n brought the dragon into a gentle hug, to avoid harming himself, and pets the dragon. The dragon let out a small whine as he licked Y/n's cheek.

Y/n: Hey boy… I'm sorry for leaving you there for so long.

The white dragon snuggles deeper in his master's arms, as Y/n smiles at it and pet its head. This was a lot for Y/n to take in… his family believing he's dead, then giving up on him… although, people move on. He doesn't hate his family, he understands that looking for an injured boy for months at a gruesome crime scene, where only one known survivor was seen… not great odds were in their favor.