Gifs

This is a short update. Please excuse any mistakes.

Xylia

I made it back to my home with a much lighter feeling on my shoulders. I threw my pills in the garbage , every single one, even a tylenol. I powered on my phone for the first time in 3 days. My aunt was my emergency contact so she knew where I was and did not give anyone any details when they asked for my whereabouts. All she said was "she is taking the space needed" and I was grateful for that.

Once my apple device was fully powered , multiple messages started to pour in. I'm being dramatic , there were at least four, I'm not that outgoing. My best friend sent me a nice long paragraph about how she missed me and wished she was there. She is not a stranger to my unhealthy coping. I've done this before in high school and she was always there but at some point I stopped involving her because I felt embarrassed. Compared to her, she deals with everything head on and would have never allowed herself to experience what I went through. I admire her so much.

There was even a text from Derek, something sweet and simple, it read "Hey , bookworm , I hope all is well, I had been meeting with your aunt about her store and wanted to fill you in. Just call me whenever you would like when you are free". I read his message with a small smirk on my face. I responded with "Oh that's great ! I will be giving you a call later in the week, hope all is well with you too" after hitting send and locking my phone back, I tossed it on my bed and jumped in the shower. The hot water and smell of peppermint soap was my comforting combination. This soap opens all my pores , I feel like my body turns into a cough drop when I'm done with it.

After an hour of washing my hair and cleaning every area of my body , I get ready for a night of just me. I got dressed in my pajamas , made hot chocolate and curled up on the couch. I found an old movie that was always my favorite as a kid "Toy Story". That opening scene with the baby that chases that drummer boy toy used to creep me out, now I just laugh at him. Every now and then , I would glance at my phone , checking to see if Kevin checked on me. It felt pathetic but usually after his tantrums , I would write a long paragraph about how he was tripping and how he knows that I'm just a handful sometimes and he gets overwhelmed. I was waiting for that message cause I honestly want to know if i would have that same feeling of desperation or dismissiveness. You ever knew you reached your breaking point but then you wanted to have a moment to prove to yourself that you reached it? No? Well I get like that.

I was getting into the movie, Woody was poking Buzz Lightyear's chest saying "YOU . ARE . A . TOY" my phone dings , indicating I have a text. I took a deep breath, a small sip from my cocoa and grabbed my phone off the coffee table. Derek responded saying it's good to hear from me , I sent a gif of boo from monsters smiling then falling asleep on the bed. He responded with a gif of a baby running in the room then running back out like "ooops" , with laughter I left the conversation at that and cuddled up with cocoa and movie. I made a mental note to reach out to my professors about my absence in the morning as well.
————————

Derek

I had just made it home, loosening my tie I tossed my briefcase to the side. I started going through my mail and heard my phone go off in my pocket. "Well look here" I said to myself seeing that xylia responded. I was glad to know she was ok , I started to get concerned, the routine of seeing her around was interrupted when she stopped showing. I asked her aunt about her as discreetly as I could without seeming like I was prying into their business. Her aunt gave a small smile and reassured me that she was fine but I just wanted to see it for myself.

I sent her another message then went to the fridge to see what i wanted to eat. I skipped lunch today at work and that was not a good idea. I had some leftover chinese but I was not trying to deal with that stomach ache later on so I opted for just making a small serving of chicken and rice. It was a blessing being raised by my grandmother , I tell you her skills she taught me come in handy. My phone rings and I also see a text from Xylia, she sent that gift of that little girl from monster inc. i'm glad apple gave that feature where i can answer a call that appears at the top of the screen instead of it taking up the whole screen. It was Daniel, of course. I hit the answer after sending a gif back to  her since it looked like she was telling me she was going to sleep. I sent back a baby running out like "oops".

"Yo man! I need a favor" Daniel said as soon as i hit answer
"Damn Im all out of those" I said while getting my rice out the cabinet

"Bruh forreal, let me crash ,Janice ass kicking me out for the night" I laughed , I promise if it ain't one thing it's another with them.

"What  did you do this time?" I started to cut open the bag of rice

"Alright so look-" he began , I could hear his car door slamming shut "She said we needed to take a break because she was doing her tarot cards and they told her that she was going to experience betrayal or some shit now mind you a break is a break up and she said that like 5 weeks ago way before I came to your crib tryna get with your assistant" I could hear his car start , I checked on my chicken taking the bones out and connecting air pods.

"Ok" i indicated for him to keep going

"Now through this whole break i asked if she needed space cause even though that's my damn apartment , i'll go to moms house real quick , she keep cornbread on the stove, I DO NOT MIND"

I laughed "yeah bruh i know"

"She said no, I said ok, now today, i'm in the hallway coming back from the gym, then our neighbor , she is cute as hell but I never really talked to her because I got a girl, black men don't cheat. She was like talking to me and shit and I was talking and my girl swung the door open and next thing I knew a shoe was flying at my face. "

"Well damn" I seasoned my meal

"Yea bruh so I gently pulled her in the apartment, I know the neighbor like what the hell and she just started cussing and shit and I'm like man ain't you the one that said.. Hold on bruh she is calling me but aye can i still come ?"

"Yea man you good , pull up when ready"

"Bet" he hung up the phone and I put mine on the charger. I checked the guest room to be sure It had fresh towels and sheets for him. He sent a text that he was on the way and I sent a thumbs up.