Descending

Hajime: Damn it, where is it...

Three days have passed since Hajime defeated the "claw bear" and, with Y/N, was looking for stairs of something that will allow them to go up. However, their search was fruitless.

Nevertheless, it would be a lie if it is said that they didn't found anything.

Y/N: Hajime, let's just go to the stair the stair that we found two days ago. There is no other exit than this.

Hajime: No, let's go find another exit. I have a hunch that we will find it soon.

Yes, they found stairs, but they were only to descend. According to Hajime's reasoning, since the labyrinth was divided by floors, it would be logical to think that it exist stairs that will lead to the surface.

At the beginning Y/N was in favor of that reasoning, but when the time passed, he started to form his own hypothesis.

Y/N: I think is as I told you Hajime, THIS is the real dungeon; maybe what we were doing was only a façade or even the tutorial. And after clearing the floors that were needed in that "tutorial"; they person who cleared it, will be dropped here, without any way to back down.

Hajime: And can you explain me how the fuck we ended here, without going through that "tutorial?

Y/N: ...Speed-running? ...

Y/N didn't have a concrete answer for that. It may be for their bad luck or the fate itself. But whichever the reason, they are now trapped there.

Hajime: *sigh* I would like to transmute my own stairs to escape.

Y/N: We've already tried, but it doesn't work well.

Hajime: What the hell happens with this dungeon?!

So the only option that was available was to complete the dungeon.

Hajime was still trying to find a non-existing second route, while Y/N just followed him, without saying anything. When they finally encountered the last dead end of this floor, Hajime just let a long sigh. Y/N, who was doing tricks with his knife, spoke with a cheeky grin.

Y/N: Ready to leave?

Hajime: ... Just say that you were right.

Y/N: Oh, I'm not trying to adjudicate that upon myself; however, if you insist I'll gladly shove that I was right since the beginning.

Hajime: Fuck you.

Y/N: No u.

Y/N was making fun of Hajime, who was in bad mood for wasting precious time looking for something that didn't even exist. However, that brief exchange of words lightened the heavy atmosphere. Then they arrived to the room where the stair was, it was roughly carved. It looked more like a pending than a stair. Also the ominous darkness that was covering it gave it a sinister air. It gave the sensation of the entrance to the jaws of a beast, of a path from which once you enter, you will no longer be able to escape.

Hajime: Hah! Bring it on! I'll eat everything that you try to throw to me!

Y/N: Good to see that you are ok now.