Part 8

Chicago Fire Season 10, Episode 1 "Mayday"

(2 shot - Takes place after Gallo and Kidd fall through the roof)

Pt 1: 

"81, we're all going up. Kidd, Gallo, vent the roof." Casey orders, as he settles himself on the corner edge of the roof. "Mouch, vent the top floor windows."

"Yep." Mouch responds, taking action.

"I'll bring the victim down." Casey yells to Mouch.

"81, don't linger up there." Boden orders over his radio, keeping his eyes peeled at his firefighters on the roof.

"I can't see how fast this fire is moving." Gallo says, stepping slowly on the roof.

"We'll be quick, Chief." Casey reports, eyeing Gallo.

"Stay there. Coming to you." Kidd tells Gallo, making her way towards him. "There?"

"Yeah." Gallo says, pointing at the area of the roof they needed to vent, but couldn't see the fire.

A loud cracking sound comes from underneath the two firefighters, gravity pulling them downwards, as the floor of the roof broke and swallowed them.

"Whoa!" Kidd and Gallo scream in union, as they fall.

"Mayday! Mayday! The fire's advance to the roof" Casey reports to Chief Boden, eyes widened, as he and Mouch take cover on the roof's ledge. "Kidd and Gallo have fallen through. I do not have eyes on them."

"Squad 3, get to the top floor. Attempt a RIT rescue." Boden commands over his radio, voice strong but hiding his fear.

"On my way!" Severide reports back, on behalf of Squad 3. "Kidd, Gallo report!"

Meanwhile, Kidd tries to get up, coughing and still flustered from the fall. Her mask and helmet fell off, but luckily it was close-by for her to grab and put it back on. She looks around franctically for Gallo, until her eyes lay upon a body on the other side of the fire-filled room.

"No.." She mutters with worry, as she scurries toward him avoiding the flames as much as she could. 

Flipping Gallo over slowly, he's unconscious with a nasty head wound bleeding rapidly. Stella looks around for his helmet and mask, but the flames have gotten so high she can't find it. Her lieutenant instincts kicked in as her first thoughts are to give him her mask and helmet, to help and breathe and protect his wounds. Kidd drops her gear, and throws Gallo over her shoulders, looking for a way out.

"Kidd, Gallo Report!" Severide cries out again, worry transperent in his voice.

"I'm okay, Gallo's down! And there's no way out of here!" Kidd yells out.

"Kidd were on four." Severide replies. "Where are you?"

"We're on B-side." She replies.

"You're sure?" Severide asks over the radio.

"Yes, I'm sure." Kidd confirms. "Hurry, this fire is raging in here."

Squad 3 makes their way towards B-Side, and hears commotion on the other side of the wall. He knocks, and gets a knock back in return.

"Stand back!" He yells. Severide and Cruz use the slammigan to break the wall, to make a way out for Kidd and Gallo.

Kidd moves out of the way, Gallo still on her back. As a hole appears, she takes Gallo off her shoulder and helps pass him over to the guys on Squad 3. 

"Take him first, he's got a head injury!" Stella yells out to them.

"We got him, c'mon." Severide replies, reaching for her hand.

Suddenly, a pole comes falling down on Stella, pinning her to the floor. 

"Stella!?" Kelly yells out. "Kidd's down, Chief!" 

"Get her out of there!" Chief Boden reports, clutching his radio tightly.

"Take Gallo out of here!" Severide tells his Squad. 

"We're not leaving you guys!" Cruz yells back.

"That's an Order!" Severide glares, stepping into the hole they made to go help Kidd. "Stella?" 

"I'm.. here." She replies, trying to breathe, as the pole crushes her. 

Severide quickly gets to work, lifting the pole off of her, and helping her up. 

"You good?" He asks her, relieved she's okay.

"Yeah-" Stella replies, before her knees buckle.

"Stella!? Stella!?" He grabs her, and carries her bridal style. "I got you."