Interlude: The Goddess

The Goddess had known that making Merlin immortal wasn't the best idea. The Goddess had seen what he became. Only she knew of the golden triskelion that marked his skin just over his heart. Merlin had seen it almost immediately after Arthur's death. She knew that he had figured out what it meant when he found that no death was permanent. The Goddess knew of the pain he was in. But as he grew ill and lost himself to the pain, she refused to go back on her plan. She refused to lift the mark. She knew that only Arthur's return would bring him back to himself.

She had intended for Arthur to rise from the lake, knowing exactly who he was. But as Merlin isolated himself from everyone and everything, she knew that it was not a great idea. She had intended for Merlin to teach Arthur of the modern world, but he would not be able to. And as the Dark Lord Voldemort grew in power, she knew that a non-magical Arthur and Merlin not knowing anything of what is happening in the world would likely not work out, so she knew that she'd need to get creative. And thus she plucked the king's soul from Avalon, and reincarnated him. He'd grow up in the non-magic world, and then attend the magic school. She did not want him to learn of the world with a biased perspective and so erased his memories of his previous life. Only when he met Merlin would they return. The Goddess knew that only the two of them together could finally put an end to Tom Riddle.

Tom Marvolo Riddle. The Goddess despised the thing. He used his amazing gifts to commit the greatest of sins. His splitting of his soul was a horrible upset to the balance of the world. Of course the sword Merlin made for Arthur could kill him despite the horcruxes, but only Arthur could reclaim the sword from the lake. Tom Riddle. She despised the man. He intended to kill thousands, millions of people simply out of hatred.

The Goddess had seen in Arthur's 3rd year at the school that the urchin used a powerful stone to restore his body. Quirrel had not survived the process. She had watched as he grew his numbers, and waited and planned. The man returned, his body just as disfigured as it had been before due to him splitting his soul as many times as he did.

He was disgusting.

The Goddess watched, as Arthur regained his memories after running into Merlin. But Merlin still would not heal. It wasn't enough. He needed Arthur to hold him, he needed to be held long enough for his magic to recognize the man's soul and bring his spirit back from the darkness. She watched, pleased as Arthur shot up in his bed, finally understanding his memories, and rushed to get to Merlin to bring him back.

Her plan was working.

The Goddess smiled.

As always don't forget to comment and vote! I love hearing from you guys!