malvasia

malvasia is a dessert wine, rich and amber colored with clinging notes of toffee; bright points of acidity leave you wanting more.

—————

Harry felt a moment of deja-vu lingering around him as he waited outside (Y/N)'s front door. The familiar weight of a bouquet of flowers was held in his hands, the blooms acting as an unmatched rival to the bright smile on his face. He could hear the shuffling on the other side of the door, (Y/N)'s voice muttering out an obscenity before following with something she apparently forgot to grab. A moment later the wood swung open to reveal her in a similar state to the first time he had come to pick her up for a date.

"Hi!" she chirped out, irises melted and soft as she took in the sight of him. She almost entirely bypassed the sight of the flowers, instead looking him over as if he were the gift for the night

"Hi," he greeted her, voice smooth and quiet for just the two of them.

His presence served as a welcome distraction, momentarily causing (Y/N) to forget about whatever she had been muttering complaints about just before opening the door. She bit at the full of her lip, backing away from the threshold in an invitation for Harry to enter, "Do you want to come in for a minute? I'm sorry, I still need to do a couple more things before we can go; I feel like I'm never ready when you come over."

"Don't be sorry, you know I don't mind," he hummed, stepping onto the small white place rug that outlined the space she made for him, "Y'look pretty enough, anyway, can't imagine what's left."

While Harry meant his soft compliment to her, he couldn't lie and say he wasn't saying it to see what kind of reaction his open affection to her would draw out. He watched on as she looked up at him with moony eyes, her hands moving on their own accord as she closed the front door behind him without moving her gaze. She seemed to flounder over her words, unsure of what to say as a glow radiated from under her skin and added to the dew of her makeup. Harry raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for some kind of response from her though he rather enjoyed the dazed silence he seemed to through her into.

The shift in his expression was enough to pull her back into her head, getting her to move her eyes from him towards her fumbling hands twisting the lock. Though he couldn't see the full of her face from the angle she stood, he could still imagine the sheepish curl of her lips and the fluttering of her lashes as she spoke, "Sure, as if you didn't see my 'shoes' for the night."

Her words were meant to be a joke, Harry knew that, but he still took it as an invitation to drag his eyes over her body while they stood in her cramped version of an apartment foyer. His gaze trailed down her form, finding her clad in another dress he was going to have a hard time getting out of his head.

It was a long, summer dress, the fabric light and bright with a pattern of tiny, baby pink flowers covering the expanse. Pops of soft green to make up the leaves and peeking vines worked to relax the pattern as it fell towards the ground. It stopped just by her feet that were still clad in a pair of fuzzy socks that brought a smile to Harry's already sore cheeks. A high slit cut through one side of the fabric, showing off the bare of her leg with every step she made. Her collarbones and décolletage were left on display with the help of the off-the-shoulder puffed sleeves that hung over her biceps. The neckline was kept simple, ruching going down the middle of the bodice to create a heart shape to the hem before the bodice tightened around her ribs. Harry seemed to be slowly figuring out her style as he found the familiar shape of a headband adorning the top of her head—this one a pearly green color that reflected pink in the light, shaped into a string of leaves that acted like a crown on her head.

An easy smile covered his features, aware of the obvious time he took to look her over. He tipped his head to the side and shrugged his shoulder in nonchalance, "Looks fine to me—gorgeous, really, but, you know."