Chapter 15

"curfew"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Hey man some of us are heading out, you want to go?" Jake asked as he sprayed his cologne and checked himself in the mirror.

"Nah man I'm good but you guys have fun," I responded as I clicked through the channels on the tv. He looked back with a surprised look on his face.

"What happened to having fun on this trip?" he questioned as I just shrugged while still clicking the remote. "Ok dude, what happened you've been like this ever since you came back to the room,"

Being reminded of the reason why I have a raging headache and laying here just watching reruns of old games.

*EARLIER*

"That's all you have to say. You left without saying goodbye and now you don't even give me a full sentence," she said as I just rolled my eyes knowing where this conversation is going. So I started walking away but was pulled back from Claire. "No, you don't get to walk away from this."

"Walk away from what exactly? Oh yeah, nothing because nothing is going on here." I replied as she crossed her arms. "You know I'm surprised you don't have your posse behind you. Just leave."  I spoke with an annoyed tone.

"As you did?" she added making me let out a fake chuckle. "I'm sorry, I know you had to move and that you didn't have an option. You would never leave your friends, and us behind," she said while grabbing my hands and connecting them with hers. "See like just like old times." As she looked up at me with a smile. And at that moment I was hit with the realization of what was going on and I quickly yanked my hands away from her.

"Stop it, Claire! There is no us and those old times are nothing but lies. We broke up way before I left, so stop lying to yourself and face the truth." I argued not seeing a brunette walking up.

"Andrew what's going on..." she said in a hushed tone before noticing the girl in front of me. "What are you doing here?" as she looked at Claire with a stern look.

"Talking with my boyfriend. So stay out of our conversation." she retorted as the brunette raised an eyebrow to her statement.

"Ex-boyfriend. And this conversation is over with." I asserted the blonde as she looked at me like if I told her something she didn't know.

"Well not for long, 'cause we all know that we are a good match," she responded as she wrapped her arm around mine. Man, this girl just won't let go. Right, when I backed up to get out of her grip, Brooke stormed off. "Ugh, finally she left."

"Get the hell away from me! If you thought we were a good match, you shouldn't have slept around especially with my best friend. Now leave me alone Claire." I finished our miserable conversation and made my way to where Brooke went. But I couldn't find her and now I was just left feeling drained.

*EARLIER*

"Do you know what room Brooke is staying in?" I asked Jake as he looked at me confused.

"Oh yeah Peyton and her are staying in the room next door," he answered as I just gave him a 'really' expression. But before he could jump to conclusions I rushed him out of the room, closing the door and locking it.

I looked at the door that connected the rooms, contemplating whether or not I should open it or knock. After a couple of long moments, I decided on my answer.

"Hello?" I said entering the room looking around to see if she was there. But no one responded which was weird because it was already curfew. Who am I kidding no one actually follows the instructions.

~

I arrived on the first floor and started wandering around to see if I could find Brooke. The first few attempts were unsuccessful but I finally made it to an area that I could hear Junior Senior blasting from somewhere.

So I followed the music which led me to a conference room that was cleared out for the competition and sure enough, I found the Ravens cheerleaders and their Captain. And Haley? Brooke was telling Hales something until someone interrupted them. Claire and her group trailing behind Brooke. They started talking or more like arguing as Peyton stepped up next to Brooke. I started walking down the opened path as Claire did jazz fingers before turning around facing me, pausing where she was at. But before she could get words out of her mouth, I spoke.

"Jazz fingers, really Claire? Are we in third grade now?" I said as she took offense to my statement and started to walk off again. "Also," I spoke again making her turn back around. "If you weren't worried about them you wouldn't have watched them like a hawk each year." I smirked as she just shook her head and continued her way with her posse following close behind. Then turned back around to face the Ravens cheerleaders. "You guys have nothing to worry about, it probably sucks." I tried to reassure them but it didn't last long as Mouth came on stage.

"Actually it's good. I've seen it." He stated as he made his way through the front of the stage.

"How good?" she asked giving a glance to both Peyton and me then turning her attention back to Marvin.

"Lots of spins and tumbles," he plainly answered.

"Okay, no, give me information I can use, Mouth. What are the moves exactly?" She said.

"First they do this," He says before he starts imitating the routine he saw. And by the way he was depicting their practice it looked like he had been a cheerleader for years. I

"Go Mouth!" I cheered as he finished up earning a small smack from Brooke. "Ow," I mouthed as I rubbed my shoulder which received a playful eye roll from her.

"That's good. Do you want to replace tutor girl?" She asked him which made me let out a small laugh as I saw Haley just look at Brooke. But the answer from him was a no and he also informed them that three other teams were using Junior Senior. Which started to make Brooke panic. "It's time for plan B, we're going to find Claire Young's room and pull a Tonya Harding. We're just going to hit her in the knee with a big stick."

Before I could say anything Peyton went to comfort and reassure her. And with that, she calmed down a little and turned to me.

"And I'm here for moral support," I uttered as she gave me a small smile that I happily returned to her.

~~

"You know I like the way you celebrate," I told her as she looked up from the hot tub.

"If you liked it so much I would think you would come and join me in the water." she sassed back to me as I was about to respond but then I was cut off by the sound of the door shutting making us all look back to see Peyton and Valley behind her.

"Ta-da!" Peyton said revealing Hales in her cheerleading uniform as she twirled around as some clapped.

"Tutor girl you look bitchin'," Brooke complimented, and Haley responded confidently. "Now get your suit. Hot tub therapy, both of you." as she smiles at Peyton then turned back at me.

"You know if ever need another backup, I know some cheerleading moves I can do," I teased as she gave me a glance and a smile before saying.

"Oh I know you do," she said giving me a look as I just looked at her until it hit me what she was talking about.

"Wait not like that!" I responded as we heard a big splash from the pool as more and more people jumped in and it wasn't that long until Brooke pulled me in too, laughing as I returned to the surface. "Oh, it's on," as I pulled her over my shoulder. Hearing her laugh along with many others until she dunked me under the water but not until I pulled her with me. We both came back up still having wide smiles wiped over our faces until we turned to our right and saw Whitey standing there. And if I had to take a guess I'm going to say he is not so happy right now.