Threat

Chapter 16

|||

My hands felt clammy and my heartbeat seemed to race.

Why did I do this? I can't even communicate with my co-workers without stuttering, how did I plan on introducing myself to however many viewers Kokichi has?

But as the chat flooded with "Nice to meet you"'s and "Hello Shuichi!!!!"'s, my heartbeat calmed and I could breathe again.

"Tell them about yourself, Shumai," Kokichi said, moving his chair over slightly so I could get further into frame.

"Well, uh, I- I'm Kokichi's.. neighbor, and uh- I like detective shows," I said, unsure of what he actually wanted me to say.

I scanned the chat quickly, hoping I didn't mess up.

'WHYD HE HESITATE SAYING NEIGJBOR OMG'

'I thought they were dating tbh'
  |'even if they were dating, that wouldn't be any of our business!!'
    |'good point'

'I love gay people'

'Sorry guys my mom is telling me to clean my room'

Well, whatever the chat was talking about, it wasn't my introduction, which was a relief.

"Shumai, sit here," Kokichi said, getting up from his chair.

"Huh? But that's your chair-"

"I'm getting another one!" He yelled while walking away.

I sighed and took his seat.

He left me alone... with the stream.

"Hey chat," I greeted, awkwardly, "How's everyone's day been?"

'GREAT!!'

'terrible, but this stream is cheering me up'

'HOW WAS YOURS MR NEIGHBOR'

"I hope it was alright. And if it wasn't, I hope it gets better," I said, smiling, trying to seem as if I weren't currently close to crying.

How does Kokichi do this? Thousands of people watching you and only you while you entertain them.

Well, that does sound like something he'd enjoy.

"I'm back!" Kokichi yelled, placing a chair beside me.

I wondered if he wanted his swirly chair back, but he sat down before I could question it.

Though as soon as he sat down, he lifted his legs and rested them on my lap.

Well, under the table, that is.

I peeped at the screen, noticing it wasn't visible on stream.

What is his plan?

"I think... we should do a you laugh you lose. With punishments. What do you guys think," Kokichi suggests.

'GREAT IDEA'

'YES'

'sure'

'WHAT KIND OF PUNISHMENTS HUHUHU'

"'What kind of punishments?'," Kokichi read the question outloud and then turned to me.

"What do you think?"

"Well, I don't even know the rules so..." I muttered.

"Oh yeah! Well, people can donate and then send a video, the video plays and we have to try not to laugh. Let's say we get.. 3 lives for now, and for punishments..  a big gulp out of this family friendly bottle," Kokichi explains, then pulls out the bottle he filled with vodka.