Sabbatical Put On Hold

*high winds blowing*

Miranda heard loud banging and then the doorbell rang.
"Hey, why didn't you use your key?", Miranda asked Ben as she was opening the door.

"Well since we are separated, I didn't know what was or wasn't allowed", Ben said slightly annoyed.

"Huuuuh we're not separated Ben it's a sabbatical", Miranda huffed. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Well with the storm coming soon I figured to board up the windows, even though I technically don't live here anymore I still want the people who do to be safe."

"Well can you keep it down I just put Tuck to bed, he's been up all night with a fever."

"Is he okay now?", Ben asked concerned.

"I said he's sleep."

"Fine Miranda. I'll just go try and hammer nails into a board against the house as quietly as possible."

Miranda tightened her robe because of the high winds blowing into the house and she went to close the door after Ben then headed back to bed.

A few hours later Miranda woke up not feeling too well herself and grabbed her robe getting up to go check on Tuck, but he wasn't in his bed. "TUCK?!", she yelled looking around his room, then into the hallway.

"Shhhhhh Miranda he's right here with me", Ben said from the living room.

"Ben what are you still doing here?"

"You know Miranda you could at least try to not make it so obvious that you don't want me here anymore."

"I'm sorry Benjamin", Miranda walked around to the couch and sat down next to him.

"Miranda what happened to us? How did we get here?"

She shrugged her shoulders and discreetly wiped her falling tear.

"Miranda why can't you just talk to me? I'm your husband; you're suppose to come to me so I can help you, not push me away for you to deal with this on your own. What's going on?", Ben said placing his hand on her leg and she moved away.

"I just need to figure things out myself. I have to reduce my stress as much as possible."

"Without your husband right because I'm the cause of it huh?", he said hurt.

Miranda fiddled with her hands looking down and then the doorbell rang. "I don't know Benjamin. I'm just trying to help myself."

"I'll leave as soon as the storm calms down okay. I'll be out of your hair away from you, doing and giving you exactly what you want."

"Benjamin I don't want this."

"Then why are you putting me out of our house Miranda? Are we done? Is that what and how you really feel? Are you ready to give up on us?", he said with tears in his eyes.

"No! I love you Benjamin and I'm not giving up on us", she said crying.

The doorbell kept ringing.

"Then what is it.....dammit Miranda I can't understand this", he yelled wiping his face getting up to go answer the door.

"Can you not yell please Tuck is napping."

"Oh really. I know that, I can see that. Just like how I can see that my wife really needs me right now, but would rather push me away for whatever reason because she refuses to tell me or just don't know."

Ben opened the door. "Benjamin George Warren!", his best friend from his childhood said excited to see him.

"Wow what's up man? What are you doing here in Seattle?", Ben said changing his tone from hurt to excited while hugging him.