• Meeting the Royalities •

There was a knock on the door and Hermione softly sighed, shaking her head. Babbity had been a great companion to her and the Rabbit would be extra mindful of her. The Talking Animal understood that Hermione needed some time alone, and she would always go out of her burrow to probably gather food. But then, it was ridiculous that Babbity knocked on the front door when it was still her house. Hermione just thought the Rabbit was going overboard now.

"I'm fine, come in," she said, sitting up on her bed. Hermione smoothed the white dress Babbity had given to her. It surprisingly fitted her and Babbity just told her that there used to be a female Telmarine who lived with her; hence, there were a lot of spare clothes for females in her house.

The door creaked open and in came Babbity, a small smile on her face as she hopped in and placed a basketful of vegetables on the rickety table. "Do you fancy some vegetable soup, sweetheart?" she asked, now gathering all of the vegetables on the table.

Hermione smiled and stood up. "That would be nice," she answered, now limping towards Babbity. "Can I help?"

"No, no, don't bother, Hermione," the rabbit said, pulling a knife from one of the small cupboards. She started to slice the potatoes and gathered the pieces into a bowl.

"No, I insist," Hermione said, frowning.

Babbity sighed and smiled at her. "Ever the persistent one, yes?" she asked, which prompted Hermione to sheepishly smile. "All right, sweetheart, can you please boil some water for me? The sink is over there and be careful with the hearth now. Can't afford to injure yourself more now, can you?"

Hermione chuckled and did what she was told to do so.

While they were working, Hermione reckoned she was starting to adjust here in Narnia. Well, she was starting to adjust here in Babbity's burrow. The company was amiable and her humble abode was comforting. Still, it did not stop Hermione from wishing that she would be back in Hogwarts and fight alongside with the Light Side.

She had been promising herself that once her injured leg was cured, Hermione would stop bothering Babbity and leave her house so that she could venture around Narnia and figure out how she would get home.

Their little cooking session had soon ended and the two were seen slurping their warm soup on the table.

"How is it?" Babbity asked, watching for her reaction.

Hermione smiled. "It tastes wonderful, Babbity. Thank you," she said and the Rabbit smiled.

"So, I've been thinking and I think I've cooped you up inside my burrow long enough," Babbity said after a few minutes of silence. "Some fresh air will do you some good. Goodness, you've been looking so awfully sickly these past few days, Hermione, and I think it would best if you bask under the warm, summer air."

"That's a good idea," the brunette answered, grabbing her small cup of water to take a small sip from it.

Babbity clapped her paws excitedly and said, "Oh, I've just remembered that the royalties of Narnia will have a parade in the town square today. Our Queen Susan and King Caspian are set to get married two weeks from now and – are you quite all right?"

Hermione choked on her water and started to cough uncontrollably, her face turning an alarming shade of blue. Babbity hopped off from her chair and started to thump Hermione's back with her paws until Hermione calmed down.

"I-I'm fine now," Hermione wheezed and Babbity nodded her head. She hopped back to her chair and looked at the slightly gasping brunette in concern.

"Are you sure you're fine now, sweetheart?" the Rabbit asked and the brunette vigorously nodded.

"What were you saying a while ago?" Hermione asked.