The Curse of La Llorona

Long ago, a woman named Maria married a rich man, with whom she eventually had two children. Then their marriage hit a rough patch: her husband spent less and less time at home, and whenever he was home, he paid attention only to the children. Eventually, she sees him with another woman. Enraged beyond reason, some versions claim Maria drowned her two children—but she immediately regretted it, crying out, “Ay, mis hijos!”

Maria is said to have drowned herself afterwards. But when she arrived at Heaven’s gates, she was denied entry, banished back to purgatory on Earth until she could find her lost children.

Now, the legend says, she floats over and near bodies of water in her white, funereal gown, forever weeping as she searches for her lost children. Attacking and drowning children like she did hers so long ago....

Now in 1970s Los Angeles, the legendary ghost La Llorona is stalking the night - and the children.
Ignoring the eerie warning of a troubled mother, a social worker and her own kids are drawn into a frightening supernatural realm.
Their only hope of surviving La Llorona's deadly wrath is a disillusioned priest who practices mysticism to keep evil at bay and two teenagers that seem to have something supernatural following them as well....