Chapter 2

"Forever? Mr Agreste are you on meds or something?" She laughed as if it were a joke. Gabriel gave her a stern look but then turned to an embarrassed one as soon as he analyzed what he had just said. Gabriel wasn't the type of person to be flirting around with people; especially his employees. Either way, this one was special. She had every right to know that he loved her. What he didn't know was that Nathalie never knew how to love. You could say she has lived up to her name recently. Heartless. Yet that didn't stop Gabriel from loving her. He saw every perfection and imperfection. He saw every good and bad thing about her.

"Yes forever Nathalie. I wouldn't lie to you." Nathalie got serious. She had a lot of questions about his behavior lately. "Sir should we transform? I really want to get out of here." Nathalie politely asks considering the miraculous. Gabriel sees how impatient Nathalie got but he didn't consider due to the fact that people saw them get on the elevator. "No. We have eye witnesses that we got in here. If they find this elevator empty, we would be suspects of something." Not only did he not want to be a suspect, but he also wanted to have some more time alone with Nathalie. Suddenly Nathalie stood up and started walking in circles. Gabriel saw her behavior so he got up and took her hand. As soon as she felt the warm silky smooth skin touch her cold skin, she froze. Gabriel has never been one to make physical contact.

"Listen stop worrying, someone will get us." This made Nathalie blush a little.
(Let me make it clear that Nathalie does not know what love is. She is very naive to most of the things in the world. Although she is naive she can still experience love. She just doesn't know what she feels.) "Um sir. I don't think I'm feeling well." Nathalie says, rubbing her stomach with her other hand. "Why what's wrong? Are you okay?" "No I'm feeling something in my stomach. I don't know." Hearing this, Gabriel thought to himself. "Could she be feeling love? Wait no impossible. Ever since the accident she has been showing no emotions towards my actions. This is the first time she tells me she is feeling something when I touched her hand. Could she have forgotten? Wait no impossible."

"Sir? SIR!" Nathalie snaps Gabriel back into reality. "I'm sorry what were you saying?" "Nothing the feeling went away." When she said that, Gabriel looks down at his hand and he wasn't holding hers anymore. "Nathalie what is love?" Nathalie looked at him like if he was crazy. "Love? Sir you must be kidding." "Answer me." While saying this Gabriel walks up to Nathalie and pins her to the elevator wall. Nathalie's face turned a bit pinkish red. The blush on Nathalie's face was noticeable which made Gabriel a bit confused. "Sir uh- Love isn't a thing. I've never heard anyone talk about it." She says nervously. Gabriel couldn't believe she was saying that. He was though yet confused whether if she forgot how to love or if she just didn't believe love. "Do you not believe in love or..." Nathalie cuts him, "Sir I do not know what you're talking about. Why are you asking anyway? What is 'love' you keep talking about?"

Gabriel sighs in disbelief. He then looks at her seductively. "Let me show you." Before Nathalie could question all she felt was Gabriel's lips on hers. The sweet and passionate kiss he gave her was to her liking. After they both parted contact, Gabriel asks: "How do you feel now?" Nathalie responds, "Sir, I hate to break it to you but that was a kiss. Not love." Gabriel facepalms. At this point he didn't know what to do. Explaining it would be difficult for him to do. He could still see the blush on her face he just didn't know why she doesn't admit or react. "I'm going to take you to a hospital for a minor check up." "Sir may I ask why? I'm perfectly fine." Nathalie looked at him confused. The elevator soon opens by one of the electric workers. Gabriel bursts out running with Nathalie's hand in his. "Sir, slow down. Please!" Instead of slowing down, he carried Nathalie and kept running.

When they get to the car Gabriel places Nathalie down in the passenger seat and drives off to the hospital. At their arrival, Gabriel storms in and tells the receptionist, "I demand a meeting with Nathalie Sancoeur's doctor right now!" The receptionist got scared. "I will c-contact him right n-now sir...p-please have p-patience..." "You better." Gabriel said in a lower tone. "Sir is this really necessary?" Nathalie pleaded. "Yes Nathalie. If you don't know something really important in life, if you don't know how to get in contact with your emotions..." he whispers in her ear. "We will never get Emilie back.." "Fine. For Emilie." Gabriel didn't know why Nathalie had such an attachment towards Emilie but her health was his number one priority. The doctor asked to follow him into a room.

After sitting down and getting all comfy the doctor asks, "Okay so since this was an emergency meeting, this better be good. What's wrong with my patient?"
"This may sound crazy but Nathalie doesn't know what love is."
Nathalie looks down in embarrassment.
"Okay? Why is this so important?" The doctor asked confused.
"Sir, my assistant hasn't been able to get in contact with her emotions recently. She doesn't know how she feels. She can feel what she feels but she doesn't know how to express them." Gabriel explained.
"I can run some tests if you'd like, but other than that I think she needs a therapist."
"Do the tests. I'm sure you will find something." Gabriel confirmed.

After the small and awkward talk, the doctor took Nathalie into another room. "Miss Sancoeur, what do you think of all this?" The doctor asked hoping for a much easy and smooth answer. "Honestly, Gabriel really cares for me. I don't think anything is wrong with me but if he says so, I trust him." Nathalie at this point didn't care. "So do you like this man?" "Yes of course he's a good boss. He compliments me a lot." Nathalie said while blushing. The doctor could see she was blushing which made him wonder a few things.
*After running the tests*
Nathalie walks right into the room where Gabriel is. Gabriel instantly stands up and puts his hands on her shoulders. "Did you get any results? Are you okay?" Nathalie nodded. "The test results will come in shortly and yes I am okay." Gabriel pulls Nathalie in to a hug. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." "What do you mean this is your fault? Sir you did nothing wrong." "Yes I did. I feel terrible." Before Nathalie could continue to comfort him, the doctor came in. "I have the test results and they seem to show something I didn't see before." The doctor says with a concerned look. "What is it doctor?" Gabriel asks desperately. "It is exactly what you said before. She has forgotten how to communicate with her emotions and express them." Nathalie stares at the floor with tears in her eyes. "She seems to also have amnesia. For some reason, it's only from a few years back. Miss Sancoeur, do you remember anything that has happened in the past year?" Nathalie looked at her doctor, she tried to remember but she couldn't. "No..." Gabriel thought to himself, "Can she still remember Emilie's death? Wait she has to. If not, why would she help me as Mayura still?"

"Well yes, that concludes everything." "Doc, how long will she be like this?" Gabriel asked hopelessly. The doctor didn't want to tell Gabriel. There was a solution but it's a hard one. "She may be like this...f-forever..." "FOREVER?!" Yelled Gabriel. "B-but there is a s-solution..." "Well hurry up and tell me!!" "She needs something that is very meaningful to her. What has happened in the past year?" "My uh- my wife died...and as you can see in the records, she got into an accident a few months ago." "My deepest condolences, Mr Agreste." Gabriel nods. "Did she have a deep connection with your ex-wife?" "Yes in fact she did." "Maybe she could be your solution. If not, I don't know what to tell you. Again I'm very sorry to the both of you." After the very disappointing talk, the doctor leaves and Gabriel doesn't know what to do.

"Nathalie. Do you remember Emilie?" Gabriel asked timidly. "Yes. I wouldn't be Mayura if I didn't remember her." "Why were you two so close?" "Like you said, we had a connection. I don't know what else to say." This made Gabriel curious. What if the woman he loved had feelings for his wife?! Though he doubted that a lot because Emilie loved him with all her heart. "Nathalie let's go home."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
1533 words in this Chapter 😌🌸