Chapter 4

As the blinding lights hit them, they instantly covered their eyes. When it was finally dark enough to see, they look over to the door and see Emilie standing there confused. Gabriel and Nathalie couldn't believe it. Their wish had finally come true. "E-Emilie...?" Nathalie said with her voice breaking. "Aaaah!" Nathalie yelled in pain. Her head hurt. When it ended, she looks at Gabriel. "Mr Agreste?" She then looks at Emilie again. She got out the car and ran to Emilie and gave her a hug. "Woah Nat. Chill. I was gone for only an hour." Nathalie looks at her. She breaks down in tears. "Y-you weren't g-gone for a-an h-hour. Y-You were in a c-coma." Emilie laughed. "You're joking. Come on Nat I'm here and alive!" Emilie looked at Nathalie in disappointment. "How long was I gone for...?" "1 year and a half..." Gabriel gets out the car and grabs Nathalie by the waist. "Go rest dear. I will explain to her the rest." "Dear?!" They both yelled.
"Nathalie...what's wrong with you? Didn't we just have a moment?"
"What moment? What are you talking about? You're my boss!"
"Gabriel are you okay?"
"It's okay Nathalie, you don't have to pretend there is no 'us' in front of her. I will deal with it."
"There's an US?!"
"You know what I'll deal with that tomorrow as for you Emilie I need to explain to you a few things."
"Yes you better. I definitely want to hear about this new 'us' you're talking about."
—————————————————
*After an hour of explaining*
—————————————————
"I can't believe so much has happened while I was gone. And Nathalie...she tried so hard to get me back." "Yeah I was questioning why but she wouldn't answer. Do you two have a special connection?" "Well, we have a past." Emilie said looking away so Gabriel couldn't notice the blush in her face. "I'm sorry for moving on Emilie. Things have been getting complicated and I couldn't take it anymore." Gabriel said with guilt. "It's okay. At least it wasn't with my sister or anyone bad. You have a good woman. I know she will understand you the way I did. Probably even better. I guess we weren't meant to be." Gabriel looks down at the floor. "You can stay in the guest bedroom and Nathalie can move to mine." Before Emilie could protest, Gabriel left.

As Gabriel walks down to the guest bedroom, he sees the door slightly open. He was going to knock but he hears someone sobbing. "I can't do this Duusu. He has to be with his wife. I can't interfere. There's no more us. In the blink of an eye, everything fell apart." Gabriel hearing this got confused. He questioned himself, "Did she get her memories back? Has she been acting innocent this whole time? Does she have feelings for me back?!" Gabriel knocks on the door politely despite his confused mood. Nathalie quickly gets up and dries her face so tears weren't noticeable. "May I come in?" "Y-yes. You may." He enters the room and sees her sitting on the side of the bed looking down. "Are you alright? I thought you would be sleeping by now." He asked in a concerned way. "Y-yeah I just couldn't sleep." He stretches his hand out to her. "Come on, let's talk about it in my room." "Why your room specifically?" She asks suspiciously. "Because Emilie is going to stay here for a while. Also you might want to pack some clothes. I'll see you there."

As he left the room, Nathalie was blushing speechlessly. "There's no way I'm sleeping in the same bed as him." Duusu pops up, "But Ms Nathalie, don't you love him?" "I do but one thing is loving a guy and another is sleeping with him!" "But you're blushing!" "I am not!!" Emilie suddenly comes in the room. "AHHH!!" Nathalie steps back and falls on the bed. Emilie giggles and goes up to her. She bends down to get close to her face. "Looks like someone is in love." Nathalie looks away and blushes. "Another one..." "You know, I really don't mind. As long as you're happy, I'm happy." She kisses her slightly on the lips and leaves. Nathalie covers her mouth wishing the moment lasted longer. Duusu lays down on Nathalie's chest. "Ms. Nathalie, I'm afraid you're going to have to make a decision. You can't have both of them." "Fuck Gabriel I want her." "Shit, Nathalie just like that? You can't just decide so easily just because of one tiny kiss. Plus you have to take Mr Agreste and Adrien's feelings into account." Duusu said cutely pissed.

Nathalie thought about it. She didn't want to leave Adrien. Adrien was like a son to her. "Shit you're right. I have to think about them. You see Duusu, we had a past. Me and Emilie were very close in high school. I had feelings for her but I never had the guts to tell her. When she married Gabriel, I was hurt but I still supported her. When she fell into that coma I thought I'd never see her again. That's when I started to move on. I also realized how hurt Gabriel was so I needed to help him. That's when I also fell for him." "Woah. Looks like you've been through a lot." Nathalie nods and starts packing her clothes to get ready for bed and her new room.
—————————————————
*An hour later*
—————————————————
Emilie enters the guest bedroom and looks for any sign of Nathalie. She doesn't see her but instead sees her diary. Emilie grabs the diary in curiosity and opens it to a random page.

 Emilie grabs the diary in curiosity and opens it to a random page

Emilie read that and blushed. She couldn't believe how oblivious she was. Not noticing her best friend had a crush on her made Emilie feel dumb. She questions herself, "The real question is...does she still have those feelings? or did she move onto Gabriel? What the fuck-" Ignoring her questions, she continues reading Nathalie's diary.
—————————————————
*Gabriel and Nathalie's Room*
—————————————————
Nathalie enters Gabriel's room and sees Gabriel at the balcony. She was curious as to why he was standing there so lonely. She goes up to him from behind and hugs him. This scared Gabriel a little but he held onto her. He looked at the shiny moon glowing that night. "Nathalie. Do you remember what love is?" "Sir of course I know what love is. Why do you ask?" He turns around and looks at her. He grabs onto her shoulders and asks, "So you remember everything?" "I only remember the accident and my head has been spinning ever since I saw Emilie." "So you remember the promise I made you?" "I-"
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
1135 words in this chapter 🌸