Chapter 1

I heard my alarm clock blaring throughout my room. I balled my fist and slammed it down on the annoying device making it halt its ruckus. I groaned as I threw the covers off me and swung my legs over the side of the bed, letting my feet dangle. I stared and my toes as flexed them, a few cracks coming from them. I stood up and waddled towards my bathroom. I flicked on the light and everything went black and it felt like my eyes were about to fall out.

"AHHH!" I yelled as a quickly turned the light off again.

I waited for a couple minutes and tried again. I squinted in the mirror and could finally see my figure. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water relieve all the stress from this past weekend. Drew had a big meeting for college that he wanted the family to attend. I asked if Camila could go but he said that even though he loves Camila, this was more of "family business". So I spent half of my weekend sitting in a big banquet room, eating shitty food, and bored out of mind. Normally, Camila and I spend our entire weekends together. Sometimes, she would even stay until Monday and go to school with me. Of course I have other friends, but I have been friends with Camila for as long as I can remember. She lives at the end of my street so we'll sneak out late and walk around or even run and get something to eat. Living so close, I drive her to school every morning because she doesn't have a car.

I quickly washed my hair and body then stepped out of the shower and dried myself off with a towel. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into the hallway and into my room. I picked out an outfit and threw it on. I was wearing black skinny jeans, combat boots, a black Vans logo sleeveless crop top, and a red flannel on top of it.

I brushed and blow dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I was already running late so I wouldn't have time to eat.

I darted down stairs to see my mom and brothers at the kitchen counter eating breakfast.

"Honey, you aren't going to have enough time to eat" my mom said while glancing at the clock.

"I know, I'm heading out just now" I replied and slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Alight. Bye sweetie, see you when you get home" my mom said.

"Bye mom" I said and stepped out the door and into my Jeep.

I decided to keep the cover on because it was raining outside. I pulled out of my driveway and drove towards Camila's house. When I arrived I pulled up to the curb in front of their house and parked. I ran through the rain and to their front door. I knocked a few times and the door was opened to show a lively and energized Sinu.

"Y/N! Come in! Camila is in her room, you can go see her" Sinu said while stepping aside to let me in.

"Okay. Thank you, Sinu" I said and stepped into the house.

I was walking up the stairs when Sofia came sprinting down the stairs. When she saw me, she started running faster. When she reached me, she jumped into my arms and wrapped her arms and legs around me.

"Y/N!" she yelled.

"Hey, princess" I said while smiling.

I set her down and got a good look at her. God, she is gonna be a beautiful young lady. She already is.

"Holy crap, you've gotten big. what are they feeding you?" I joked.

She giggled and put up her arms and flexed.

"Woah, chill man. Please don't beat me up" I said while putting my hands up.

She laughed again and hugged me.

"I missed you Y/N" She said in a smaller voice.

"You saw me on Saturday" I pointed out while giggling.