10 | Springday

❝ Their hearts were filled up with light and through each and every crack, light seeped into the world

❝ Their hearts were filled up with light and through each and every crack, light seeped into the world. They lightened up the world and fell in love with its glitter, but their hearts remained forever empty.

HAND IN HAND they took a walk through the sea of flowers reaching up to their hearts

HAND IN HAND they took a walk through the sea of flowers reaching up to their hearts. Selfmade crowns of pink, blue and lilac flowers rested on their heads and bracelets of white daisies graced their wrists. A bright smile adorned their lips as joy coursed through their bodies. Sprinkles of light adorned their eyes as they looked at the scenery unfurling in front of them; Butterflies of all colours danced in the springbreeze, the sound of a nearby river filled their ears and delicate flowers gently grazed their bodies. After a winter that lasted for years, spring has finally come to embrace their wounded hearts again.
Their slow strides excitedly quickened as the scent of life filled their empty veins again. They started to run across the field of flowers as laughter reverberated louder than ever through their revived bodies. They started to jump, started to dance, started to sing and finally started to breathe; They finally started to take in the scent of life on which they used to suffocate.
Hand in hand, they looked into each other's eyes, watching the sprinkles of hope glisten in the sunlight. Their smiles grew wider and their eyes smaller; their faces took on the ephemeral glow of radiant joy and their souls sung the anthem of victory. They dropped onto the bed of flowers and happily faced the blazing sun hanging in the pool of cerulean blue. In between the swaying rainbow of flowers, they were lying down; a long forgotten gesture, a deeply longed for rest. How beautiful it is to lighten up the world with the light that was too heavy to be carried inside. Ah, how beautiful it is, how appaling it is to let light trickle out of the heart and be woven into the sky far above. Ah, how beautiful—ah, how sad!