Ch.11: Don't Look Down On A Deadbeat's Advice, You Idiot

They say that the greatest moments of clarity come in times of crisis

They say that the greatest moments of clarity come in times of crisis. Hiding behind the pot, Istahil found a mathematical genius in her that she never even knew existed.

Driving a giant cat through the homestead + getting herself expelled + jumping out naked in front of the Biacadey elders from behind an assortment of pots = A room in an insane asylum.

So, she stayed put, listening to them argue over the upcoming migration as if they hadn't come to discuss these things with Hoyo.

'We can't go to Libax-Wayne, how many times should I tell you, idiots?' Abdirahman Kulow shouted as soon as they had answered Raiya's sodhoow at the door, 'with how bad the rains have been this year you want to go to a place with no source of water, no way we can irrigate anything, nothing?'

Couldn't the geezer get his point across without screaming it to Pwani?

'You and your idiocy,' the water rationer snapped back, 'you think water comes from people's behinds?'

'Scientifically, it does.'

'Listen, we can't go all the way to Boholaha-Kulal with the water we have. Maybe last year, when the rains allowed us to trap more, but now we're almost empty. Why is it so hard to understand...'

'I do understand,' said Abdirahman Kulow, 'but..'

'Old man,' came the Maalim of aqal architecture's voice, 'if God gave you a camel that can carry parts of your aqal that far with all the thirst and hunger those poor beasts have been through this year, then you migrate alone. But for the rest of us...'

'All camels come from God. And if you think that I am ready to discuss this with a who just got the title of Maalim and continues to wander, wander, around like a cat looking to give birth then...'

Whatever beef Abdirahman Kulow had with the Maalim of aqal architecture, it sounded personal.  He leapt forward and grabbed Abdirahman Kulow's beard. They stumbled back. Kulow's back loomed before the pots.

Istahil stifled a scream. She looked around for a way to stop its descent. Her eyes fell on a stray stick. She picked it up and poked it through the pots without looking.

A shriek permeated the air. Abdirahman jumped forwards, holding his behind. He turned to the Maalim, murder in his eyes. 'What kind of mannerless dog raised you?'

'Takes one mannerless dog to know the other,' the Maalim yelled.

'Alla labadan, Alla labadan,' the water rationer moaned, 'act like the important men you are and not some wild animals from the depths of Shanti-Dhur.'

'No,' shouted the maalim. 'This old man's head has grown bigger than his whole body even. Acting as if the study of hormones in a medical field is God's holy book itself.'

'Don't you start on my career,' screamed Abdirahman Kulow.

'War ilahi amarkisun badanah,' shouted the water rationer. 'I'm not here to look after two people bickering like...like...'