Chapter 2

*Plop*

*Plop*

*Plop, plop*

Her tears splashed on the pages of the open book, burning her checks as they fell. The girl turned to read the next page but it was blank. She flipped to the next page and the next but there was nothing else written, like the story just stopped. 

An ending with no conclusion. 

Closing the book, she hugged it tightly, curling her body around it, laid down on the floor and cried.

The girl did not know why the story was making her crying or why the chapter she read was making her heart hurt, but it was. She knew that the character was not real, that it was just a sad story. She understood that, but it's like she could feel the pain and despair from this character named Ranboo. The sorrow he expressed and hopelessness of being trapped. 

The girl hugged the book tighter as her sobs quieted and she started to calm down a little. Using the bookshelf next her as leverage, she slowly stood up brushing off her clothes as she did and walked to the bookshelf where she had found Ranboo's book. She reached up to put the sad book back in its place on the shelf, when she stopped. 

A strong feeling of loneliness washed over her when the thought of letting go of the book crossed her mind. The girl moved away from the shelf, bring the book with her she once again hugged it close to her chest and made to her way back to the entrance of the library. 

At first she thought that through her search for Ranboo's book, which had somehow called out to her, that she might have gotten lost, but as she walked she realized that her feet knew the way back and she paid it no mind. After a couple of hours of walking the girl stopped and listened.

My.....

She looked down at the book in her hands and then out into the stacks of books..............and ran.

The girl could not believe it, she had heard another book, well she guessed it was a book. Turning left, then right, and then right again, the girl stopped and listened. 

......little.....

She turned around took a left instead of a right and ran straight down an aisle at full speed, the other book still clutched in her hand. After running for a good thirty minutes, the girl stopped to catch her breath. Bent over a hand clutching her chest and wheezing slightly, the girl listened.

........champion.

The girl straightened and turned to look at the bookshelf next to her. On the shelf, right in front of her face was a soft orange book. Reaching out, she quickly slide the book off of the shelf and quickly sat on the floor, placing Ranboo's book next to her. She was eager to read something else, hopefully this book won't make her cry again. The girl sadly turned away from the black book and looked at the other in her hands. 

The orange cover was soft in her hands as the girl turned the book around to read the cover. The title of the book It's Home in the End was printed in black and gold letters. The gold flashed briefly in the light as the girl opened the book to start reading, and then stopped. The words on the page were blurry and unreadable, but the girl noticed the pattern and flipped to the last few pages of the book. Satisfied that the letters were now readable, she started to read.

===================================

Word count: 589