Chapter 3

The girl placed her hand  over her heart as a warmth spread through her chest from reading Fundy's story. It was a feeling she had not felt since she had found herself in the library, a calm and welcoming sensation. A kind of peace settled around the girl as she held both Fundy's and Ranboo's books in her arms, hugging both of them close. The girl did not want to let them go, she wanted to keep them with her forever, for she was lonely and their words be it sad or peaceful gave her comfort in her solitude. 

The two books in her grasp vibrated slightly, an answer to her unspoked question, an answer she was grateful for. The girl stood up again, brushed off the dirt from her dress and made her way back to the front of the library. 

~~~~~~~~~~

The girl was happy with the new friends she discovered. They gave her words. They gave her emotions. They gave her comfort. She wasn't as lonely as before and that made her happy. It had been a few weeks since she found Ranboo's and Fundy's books and she has read their chapters over and over again, day after day. She could probably recite them word for word without looking with how many times she read their stories. 

With nothing else really to do, that was all she did, read, sleep, and listen. The girl listened everyday, hoping to hear another book speak to her, another friend to share their story with her, a new emotion to feel. But the cycle went on, for she could not hear anything no matter how silently she breathed or how softly she would turn the pages of Ranboo's and Fundy's books..........until.

The girl had just finished re-reading Fundy's book, when she heard it, a muffled sound coming from deep with in the book stacks. Grabbing her other books, the girl started her journey to find her next companion, weaving through the shelves her paced quickening each time she heard the voice.

STOP HIDING

The girl noticed quickly that the new book was leading her really far from the entrance of the library. The lights were getting dimmer and dimmer the farther she traveled into the labyrinth of bookshelves. 

FACE IT

It was becoming harder to see with the lights almost completely gone, but she did not waver and allowed the voice to guide her to its destination. One hand glided along the shelves, guiding her along the way, the other holding fast to her other books not wanting to lose them in the darkness.

LOOK AT ALL OF IT 

Now in complete darkness, the girl stopped and reached out in front of her, towards where she last heard the voice. So close, yet feeling so far away without her sight to guide her, only relying on her other senses to find the next book. 

LOOK

Fingers touching the spine of a small book, the girl gently slid the tome out from its place on the shelf and ran her hand over the cover, trying to feel the book's name. Knowing she would not be able to read the book in almost complete darkness, the girl quickly moved towards the lighter side of the library. Walking at a steady pace the library's lights became brighter and brighter, until the girl could finally see again. Having enough light to read, she sat down on the floor, placed Ranboo's and Fundy's books next to her, and looked at the new book that had lead to the darkness. The small book was a dark deep blue color with the title, Turning Away written in silver ink across the cover. The girl opened the book gently to the last chapter and began to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally got this chapter out, sorry that it took so long. I had a rough week and it was a little hard to be motivated to write, but I finally finished it!!!!!

Word Count: 629