six

rambles; AHHH SEASON THREE IS OUT FINALLYYY HOPEFULLY WE'VE ALL WATCHED NOW! Drop a vote and spam me with some comments as you read!

six

"Do you use contraception?"

"Yeah. Condoms." Maeve answered, messing around with her hands in her lap as the woman nodded, jotting something down on her clipboard. "I didn't notice it split or anything." Maeve added on as the woman hummed, eyes still trained on the sheet infront of her.

"Condoms aren't always 100% effective." The woman sighed, Maeve now the one to hum. "It certainly appears that way." She smiled awkwardly given her current situation.

"Have you considered any other form of contreception?" The woman questioned, Maeve shaking her head as she listed off the various other options she had besides condoms.

"And how many sexual partners do you currently have? Male or female." The woman flipped the sheet over to its other side, hand gripping the lime green clipboard. "Just one at the moment. He's a he." Maeve answered honestly, the woman once again scribbling down her response.

"And have you considered the possibility of adoption?" The woman asked finally, looking to Maeve with a raised eyebrow. "I don't think anyone would want a pregnant seventeen year old." Maeve attempted to joke, the woman cracking a tiny smile in response to the jest.

"I don't want to do adoption no." Maeve answered seriously, her bangles jingling as she rubbed her thighs nervously. "Right. And whose gonna be there to collect you after the procedure?" The woman asked expectantly, a question Maeve was not prepared to have to answer as she sat there in silence.

"Uh no one, just me." Maeve shifted on the uncomfortable bench she was sat atop, the woman looking at her with disapproval. "Mm. Unfortunately it's a requirement."

"What if I was a serial killer? Or a hermit? Or my whole family had died in a fire? Would I still need to bring someone then?" Maeve challenged, quirking an eyebrow.

"Yeah. It's our policy."

***

"So are you going to tell me why it is you hate Maeve Wiley now?" Casey questioned, pausing her sweeping and leaning against the broom, looking over expectantly to Maia. "Or you know, you could help." Casey added on with a smirk, gesturing to the now closed shop where several tables still needed to be cleaned.

"No I think I'd rather tell you why I hate Maeve than clean." Maia answered seriously before her face broke out into a large grin and she hopped off the counter, grabbing a cloth and some disinfectant spray.

"Thank you." Casey chuckled, resuming her sweeping as the song changed and both girls bobbed their head along to the new tune floating around the empty room.

With it being a Sunday everyone else had already finished for the day, Simon having left Maia in charge of closing up. Casey now finally had a comprehensive understanding of how everything worked, in particular the registers, and though she wouldn't admit to Jaymie she secretly quite enjoyed working.

"So it's a very long story as to why I hate Maeve." Maia began as she wiped down the tables, Casey humming along to show she was listening as she continued to sweep. "Are you going to tell me this story?" Casey laughed, glancing over toward Maia who was remaining silent.

"Yes Casey I was pausing for dramatic effect, obviously!" Maia scoffed, Casey holding her hands up in defence before dropping the broom back behind the counter and grabbing another cloth. "She's a bitch." Maia stated bluntly, tossing the spray bottle of disinfectant to Casey who caught it and waited for Maia to continue.