seven

rambles; leave me a vote and drop me some comments as you read!! thank you all for all the love 🥺 playlist for this book coming soon!

seven

"Don't touch that." Casey warned as Maeve reached for a snow globe sitting on the top of her chest of drawers.

"You collect rocks?" Maeve questioned judgementally, eyes scanning the small collection of rocks on Casey's windowsill. "They're crystals. Don't touch that either!" Casey sighed in frustration as Maeve ignored her, picking up a rough pink chunk of something.

"What's this one called then?" Maeve questioned, glancing over to Casey, ignoring the daggers the girl threw in her direction.

"Rose quartz. How exactly are you friends with my sister?" Casey questioned, grabbing the small stone out of Maeve's hand and placing it back on her windowsill, crossing her arms over her chest and staring the older girl down.

"We bonded over talking shit about you actually." Maeve smiled sarcastically in response.

This was going to be a long night.

"Oh so not only is she a bitch but a comedian too? Maeve Wiley, she'll be here all week!" Casey drawled sarcastically, giving the older girl a slow clap to which Maeve simply sent her a glare, still poking around Casey's room.

"How long until dinner Jay?" Casey called out, her sister calling back probably the best part of an hour as Casey closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. "You read these?" Maeve scrutinised, bent down and observing Casey's small collection of books, the familiar titles already exisiting in Maeve's own collection as well much to her shock.

"No I like to keep them around as big paperweights!" Casey quipped back sarcastically with a roll of her eyes, taking a seat on the corner of her book as Maeve continued to nose her way around.

"Are you deaf or just a moron? Don't touch!" Casey was quick to stand up again, snatching back a small jade carving of an elephant she'd found in a charity shop back in Cardiff. "If you have to be here we may as well work on the presentation." Casey sighed as she placed the elephant back in its place, Maeve now rifling through her vinyl collection, completely ignoring Casey.

"How are we going to do that? We're not at school." The older girl challenged, running her finger along the spines of Casey's records as she read their titles, though at this point Casey didn't even see the sense in telling her not to, it wasn't as if she ever listened.

"Well we have our notes, paper and pens, and between us I'm sure there's a brain here somewhere. If we think really hard we could probably figure something out!" Casey smiled mockingly, rolling onto her stomach and hanging off the side of her bed, pulling out a few things from her bag which was tucked under her bed.

"Maeve do you have any concept of boundaries?" Casey sighed again as music filled the room, Maeve having taken it upon herself to select and play one of Casey's records, the melodic voice of Steve Nicks filling the small room as Jaymie called for them to turn it up, which of course Maeve did.

"Nope." Maeve responded bluntly to her previous question, Casey sitting back up and putting her things beside her, leaning forward and snatching back a small stuffed orange tiger Maeve had grabbed off her bed.

"Don't touch this." Casey warned seriously, the girl carefully putting it back in its place as Maeve gave her an odd look. "This isn't working. Kitchen table, go!" Casey ordered with a hardened stare in the blondes direction, pointing to her door as she gathered up the rest of the things they'd need.