Chapter Twenty-Eight

Elle

"Eleanor I swear to god, I am going to bust my fucking ass." Billie held a tight grip on my arms as I gently pulled her down the sidewalk on my skateboard.

What was supposed to be a 15 minute walk to my house has now turned into a 25 minute skating lesson. It wasn't exactly a lesson since I was basically just pulling her down the sidewalk to my house.

I giggled as she kept her eyes glued to the ground. Every time we would hit a crack her grip would tighten.

"Billie you're gonna give me bruises if you hold me any tighter." I said with a laugh.

"Sorry. I don't wanna fall."

"If you fall I'll catch you I promise. Here look at me." I lifted her head up to meet her terrified gaze. "Talk to me. How did you get into music?"

"Uhh well, I actually used to dance and my coach wanted me and my brother to write a song that he could choreograph. And...m-my brother was in a band and he had this song called ocean eyes that he—Ah! Oh my god!"
We hit a rock and she panicked, tightening her hold on me.

"Relax. You're okay, it was just a bump. Keep going." I encouraged.

"Okay umm he had a song he wrote with his band and he decided we would use that song to give to my coach. So he asked me to sing it since he always said I had a good voice and we recorded it and sent it to my teacher. After that I just...I don't know it came so naturally to me after that that I just started writing."

"So why don't you dance anymore?" I asked. But I immediately regretted it when I saw her face fall.

"I got injured really bad. Tore my growth plate in my hip. It completely took me out of dance." She said sadly.

"Oh. I'm sorry, that must've been horrible."

"Yeah it was. I was the most depressed I had ever been in my life. Music really helped me during that time. I wrote so many songs during that time, messed around with beats and melodies and shit. I probably have a whole album of songs just sitting in my house."

Her hold on me relaxed a little bit and I smiled.
"Why don't you ever publish your stuff?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I never really thought about it."

"Well you should definitely put some songs out on Soundcloud or something. Your voice is amazing."

She blushed and thanked me before looking back down at the ground.

"You know I would enjoy this more if we were on smooth ground."

"Well that's not very realistic. When you skateboard the ground is almost always gonna be uneven. Cause you're either gonna be on a sidewalk or on the road. Or at a skate park but that's way more advanced. Besides it's dangerous to skate on super smooth ground cause there's like little to no friction. It makes it very easy to slip and hurt yourself."

She groaned a little bit before looking back up at me, a smile stretching across her face as she did so.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're just pretty. What? I can't look at my pretty girlfriend?"

I blushed hard as I shook my head.
"No you can. I'm just not used to being stared at like that. Most stares I used to get weren't so...admirable.