Protective (Tom Holland)

Summary: Tom being protective of his unborn baby girl
Warnings: fluff
Word Count: 2044

Your POV:

"Put. The box. Down" A voice says slowly and I roll my eyes, wanting to groan internally as I put the box down by my feet and stand up straight, turning around to see my husband stood there with that look on his face, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Hi" I say, then I turn around, going to pick the box back up but Tom comes over, taking it himself and I glare at him. He smiles and pecks my lips with a kiss before carrying the box over to the nursery we still need to finish decorating.

"I can carry a box you know" I say, walking over to him. He puts the box down in the room then turns around, placing each hand on either side of my large baby bump.

"You're over 9 months pregnant, you will not carry any boxes around, you will sit down, rest, and be ready for when our little girl will be here" He says.

"But I feel useless" I pout, crossing my arms. Tom just chuckles lightly, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my head. "I like keeping myself busy, you know that" I say to him, looking up as he looks down at me.

"I know you do darling, but due to the fact you are literally about to pop with a baby that could be here at any point, I'm making sure you rest" He says, tucking some hair behind my ear. "Once she's here, we'll be busier than ever before, so look forward to that"

"I'm not looking forward to when she gets here, you're not the one who has to push a human out of you" I mumble and Tom chuckles, his arms wrapping around me as I lean into him, well, as best as I can lean into him.

"It will all go smoothly, nothing to worry about" He says with a comforting smile. I smile and lean up, kissing him softly and his smile widens as he cups my cheek, pressing multiple kisses onto my lips.

"Busy in Tesco?" I ask him, twirling his hair on the bottom of his neck as I look up at him. He went down into Kingston to go and get some milk and bread from the shops since we were running low on bread, and we were out of milk.

"Nah, Sunday's aren't really that busy early in the morning" he says. "But, I got the milk, so do you wanna cup of tea now?" He asks with a grin and I giggle.

"Yup"

He chuckles and takes my hand, helping me walk down the stairs and once we get down to the bottom he presses a kiss to my head. "You alright?" He asks.

"I'm fine I only walked down the stairs" I chuckle. We head to the kitchen and Tom keeps his arm curled around me the entire time, and we get to the room. "You wanna go sit down and I will do this?" He asks me.

I just ignore his suggestion and walk past him, getting out the mugs and when I hear him laugh, but barely, I turn around and see him looking at me with a mischievous smile, trying not to laugh. "What?" I question.

"You walk like a penguin" He giggles. I roll my eyes and he comes behind me, a hand on my lower back. "Seriously I think that's the first time I've like properly noticed you have that, like, pregnancy waddle people talk about"

I laugh and put the kettle on whilst Tom gets the milk out the fridge. "Well when your stomach is the size of a bloody balloon and the weight of a bowling ball, I guess you pick it up" He chuckles before coming over and placing the milk on the side. He puts the tea bags and sugar in as we wait for the kettle to finish.

"What do you fancy doing today?" He asks me.

"Go out" I say and Tom stops and looks at me, like he's confused. "What, I've been in this house a whole week without leaving and it's killing me" I chuckle.