Little Man (Tom Holland)

Summary: You have a 5 year old son, and Tom comes over for the day to spend time with you and him.
Warnings: none
Word Count: 2822

Your POV:

"Please mummy" Owen whines, tugging at my hand as I'm trying to tidy the kitchen. I sigh and look to the 5 year old boy in front of me.

"Owen I said no I don't have the time" I say, trying to be stern. For the last half an hour he's been begging me to take him to the park but I really don't have the time. I've got to do work too but having a kid is priority so here I am trying to get him changed this morning.

"But I wanna go" He complains, refusing to let me get his shirt on.

"Owen! I've got to do things I don't have time for the park! Please just behave!" I exclaim and he folds his little arms glaring at me the best he can.

"Hey!" Tom's voice calls from the front door as it opens, and it shuts. Owen's eyes light up and he smiles, looking to the front door.

"Tom!" He yells, about to run to him by I hold him back.

"Owen just let me get you-" Tom enters the room and Owen somehow manages to wriggle out my grip. I watch as he sprints to Tom and Tom smiles, crouching a little and opening his arms.

Owen launches himself into Tom's arms and Tom laughs, lifting him up and hugging him. "How's my favourite little man huh?" He asks Owen with a wide smile, holding him at his waist.

"Good" Owen giggles.

"And care to tell me where your shirt is?" He asks Owen, raising an eyebrow at him and Owen goes quiet.

"Yeah. Wanna tell Tom why you haven't got your shirt on?" I say, speaking directly to Owen and he looks at me before back to Tom, staying quiet.

"You haven't been a cheeky monkey have you?" Tom asks, bringing his hand to tickle his belly and Owen squirms, laughing. Tom chuckles, bringing him over to me and I look up at my best friend since I'm currently sat on the floor with Owen's shirt in my hand, defeated.

"Want help?" He asks and I just nod, handing Tom Owen's shirt since he'll most likely have more success than me. Tom smiles and takes the shirt, putting down Owen and kneeling in front of him.

"Come on bud, shirt on" Tom says and Owen happily complies, letting Tom pull his shirt over his head and his arms. "There. Now, will you do me a favour?" Tom asks and Owen nods.

"Will you, go upstairs and find me Rory" Tom asks, referring to Owen's teddy of a dinosaur that he loves. Owen smiles before running off upstairs as fast as his little feet can take him.

"You alright?" Tom asks, sitting in front of me now and crossing his legs and I sigh.

"Yeah I'm fine, just stressful sometimes. Not easy on my own" I breathe a laugh out, running my hands through my hair.

When I was 18 I got pregnant with my ex's baby. My ex-boyfriend... well he left me, he said he wasn't ready so left. I wasn't ready either but I still went through with it and I had Owen a few months after I turned 19. Now I'm 24, Owen's 5. It's still hard, but we get by.

"You know to text me if you need my help. I get it, Owen's a handful. He's a lively little kid, of course he is a handful" Tom shrugs, "If you ever need my help I'm just a message or phone call away Y/n"

"I know" I sigh, "I can't depend on you though, it's not fair. I just gotta... figure it out" I stand up onto my feet with a huff, Tom standing too. I head to the kitchen to tidy up after Owen's breakfast but Tom stops me.