Aincrad Arc: Ch2

November 2024

Alfheim Online, despite its rocky start and similarities with SAO, has quickly risen to be one of the most popular games of the Japanese public, providing a much safer option for anyone looking to go into VR. That's the public knowledge of the game. The other side of the coin is that it serves as a perfect test subject for the hacking operation started a year ago. Considering it's only the second of its kind, it woudn't be far fetched to assume both ALO and SAO work on the same engine. As it so happens, the 2 men team was currently diving inside ALO for a much needed break from their usual work.

Close to the entrance of a dungeon stood a white haired male avatar, with it's heir tied back, a sword in its hand and a shield on its back. He was part of one of the 9 races of Alfheim, one of the more underrated choices, the Pooka, with a special attribute of music magic, higher level players even managing to store sounds inside bottles, as if they were potions, each with various effect. Why is it an odd choice? Well, most players don't really opt for support oriented classes. But our blond sure loves a challenge. With the shield in use, who doesn't like a tank that can heal itself? Is it too broken? Well, many things in this game lacks balancing, and one more thing...

 With the shield in use, who doesn't like a tank that can heal itself? Is it too broken? Well, many things in this game lacks balancing, and one more thing

"5 Months into this game and they STILL don't have instancing implemented. What are the developers thinking?", the white haired boy was casually stabbing the ground below him as he was waiting for the dungeon to reset. Without any form of instancing any dungeon or boss is a world boss, so waiting in front to prevent the rest of the server from stealing was to be expected.

His partner was currently missing, away on a peculiar mission to assure the success of this dungeon crawling session, but that also meant anyone wandering about with a big party would just shrug the boy and his 'I was first' comments. Oh, did I perhaps jinx it?

Soon the airspace nearby was filled with the sight of countless green fairies preparing to land, Sylphs, another one of the 9 races. Compared to out lone wolf, they had him beat in numbers, counting 10 or so among themselves. The first to land in front of our guy was a girl and boy pair.

"A Pooka? This close to our territory?!", the smaller one, the boy, let out in surprise, preapring to draw the short sword sheathed at the back on his lower back