Peter

Remus rushed back to The Three Broomsticks and Floo'ed directly into his office. His and Sirius's years of suffering were finally almost over now, he just had to safely and capture peter.

When he came out of the fireplace, the first thing that he noticed was Hermione, Ron and Harry standing quietly near his desk.

"May I help you?" he said, trying to maintain a level voice.

"I told them everything," said a panicked Hermione.

"Everything ?" Remus questioned. Everything was a pretty broad term considering all the things that Hermione had been keeping from them.

"Yes, we were talking about Buckbeak's trial and I tried explaining that I had a plan for that but I accidentally told them that Sirius Black was innocent and that he would help us and then, well, everything."

"Good then I suppose you lot can help me to find Peter Pettigrew."

"Peter Pettigrew is alive?" said three shocked voices.

"Or should I say Scabbers."

"What has Scabbers got to do with any of this?"

"Peter Pettigrew was an unregistered Animagus. He has been living in your house as a rat all these years, Ron. Now tell me, did the Scabbers have a missing finger?"

"Yes" said a shocked looking Ron.

"The same finger that the ministry found when they captured Sirius." said Hermione.

"But thankfully, we have the map so we can find him"

"But the marauders map only shows the locations of people."

"Yes. if it did show Peter's name before, then we would have noticed." said Harry.

"Yes, Scabbers er Peter was with us in the dormitory when we used the map but we didn't see his name."

"That is because of a protective spell such that only Marauders could see other Marauders on the map by performing a special spell if they were in their animal form."

"Does that mean Peter Pettigrew was a Marauder?"

"Unfortunately"

"But do you know any other members of the marauders who could help us?" said harry.

"I do. In fact, you are looking at him right now."

"You are a marauder," said Harry, amazed.

"Yes, so was Sirius and your father Harry."

"Wow you guys were really great."

Remus retrieved the map and said. "Show me Messrs. Wormtail."

"You need to use the password to get in."

"No I don't, I made it." he said and showed them the map.

"Moony is utterly disgusted by his future self's blatant disregard for his own rules of using the password."

"Mr. Wormtail agrees with Mr. Mooney and would like to ask why he is searching for him."

"Mr. Padfoot would like to confess his undying love for Remus Lupin for finally agreeing that his idea of not having a password for the marauders is better."

"Mr. Prongs is proud of Remus Lupin for becoming a professor."

"So that's my dad," said Harry, touching the words.

"Yes. That is an impression of the sixteen year old version of your dad."

He noticed Peter's name in a corridor near the kitchen. "Let's go." he said and rushed out of his office and down a flight of stairs at the end of the corridor.

"He is down the next corridor but we have to be careful, to make sure he doesn't escape" he said quietly.

"I'll go get him, act like I finally found him and then stun him" said Ron. Remus had to agree that this was quite a good plan.

"Ok. I'll keep an eye on the map." he said.

Ron walked down the corridor casually and vanished at the bend. He sees him approaching Peter on the map and holds his breath. The dots of Peter Pettigrew and Ronald Weasley combined to one indicating that Ron got hold of him. Soon, they started moving towards their direction and Ron emerged with an unmoving rat in his hand.

"I cannot believe that Scabbers was really a murder and a Death Eater." said Ron.

Remus pointed his wand out and said "Expecto Patronus'' and a beautiful silver wolf appeared. "I've got him. Meet me at the Headmasters office. The password is acid pops." he said to it and the wolf bounced away in the direction of its intended receiver.

He got Wormtail from Ron and put him in his pocket. Remus wanted to just crush him in his palms but proving Sirius's innocence was more important. He left the children in the great hall and went to the headmasters office.

"I have and emergency Albus"

"Yes Remus."

"There is someone I would like you to meet." he said and pulled out the stunned rat out of his pocket. He performed the counter spell and the rat expanded into a short fat unconscious man.

Peter used to be the little angel of their group but now he looked worse than Sirius with his obesity and unkept face. Remus expected to feel some sympathy for his old mate but he felt nothing of that sort.

Dumbledore's eyes widened. "Is that who I think it is, Remus." he asked.

"Yes. Is this proof enough that Sirius is innocent?"

"I hope so for his sake. Would definitely increase his chances if I knew exactly what has been going on."

"Have a seat." he said and began explaining in detail the events which led to the unlawful imprisonment of Sirius Black.

"So there were three unregistered Animagi and a werewolf roaming Hogsmeade forests on full moon nights."

"Yes,"

"And I suppose you know exactly where Sirius is right now?"

"Oh looks like I am right on time for the party." said a voice from the door and Sirius walked in.

"Hello Sirius. Looks like you have yet again broken into a place you shouldn't be in."

"I have my ways."

"I will contact the ministry immediately and inform them about the recent development, how about you to go rest back in Remus's quarters"

"What, you don't want to have any words with me. That's surprising."

"Oh I do. But I sensed that you might want to rest for now. We can talk tomorrow."

"I want to talk to my daughter."

"Of Course you can but make sure none of the other students see you or it might cause an unwanted commotion."

"Sure." Sirius said and he and Remus walked out of the office hand in hand.

"Shall I perform an invisibility spell on you?"

"No. Look what I got in the passage from Honeydukes." he said and pulled out the invisibility cloak.

"Harry must have left it there when he snuck out to Hogsmeade"

"How did he get it in the first place?"

"I don't know but we can ask him later."

"How is Hermione?"

"She wants to meet you. I'll tell her to come to my office."

"Yes please"

"Sirius"

"Yes"

"I love you."

"I love you too"