parks and feelings

~~~

~~~

Maybe it was the falling petals of the cherry blossom trees or the subtle wind blowing through your hair or maybe it was the way you smiled ever so subtly but still managed to light up the room. Or maybe it was because of his feelings for you that continued to grow. Whatever it was, he definitely never expected to be so flustered yet comforted by it. Your presence makes the world he was in a little brighter and he can't seem to want anymore than to do the same for you.

Maybe it was his soft and subtle smile that he reserved just for you or possibly his nonchalant look yet the warm personality of caring for everyone or maybe it was his hair that was kept tidy yet would get messed up throughout the day. Whatever it was, one thing was sure; you can't help but develop feelings for the boy in front of you. Just a smile from him could make your face flushed and your problems disappear for a while. You can't help but want to give him the same comfort he gave you.

"Hey Shuu," I said, looking back at him who was trailing behind me as we were walking through the park.

"Hm?", he tilted his head in question.

I took a deep breath, "You mean a lot to me, y'know that?"

"I'd hope I do, we've been friends since preschool," Shuu laughed, taking wider strides to walk beside you.

"Yeah, I guess that was a dumb thing to say," you chuckled, looping your arm around his, "Let's get snacks."

"Shuu smiled as you dragged him to a booth selling warm yakisoba.

"I don't think that's a snack, more like a meal," Shuu said when we sat down.

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't," I shrugged, looking up at the beautiful pink flowers.

A comforting silence surrounded the two until your number was called at the booth.

Walking back with a plate of yakisoba in hand, you took a seat and immediately ate it.

"Yumi," Shuu called at you.

"Hm?", you tilted your head, cheeks full.

"You mean a lot to me too," he chuckled, wiping some sauce off the side of your lips with his thumb.

Your face erupted into a million shades of red as you ignored that and continued eating.

Maybe some other time, you'll both confess your feelings properly. But for now, knowing that you mean a lot to each other was enough.

~~~