02 | The Love Letter

| Y/N's POV |
As I sat there, passionately writing my love letter to August, I finally finished it. I was so proud of it. I just sat there practicing how I'd give it to August. I eventually got tired, of course. So I freshened up and got ready for bed. Tomorrow was gonna be a big day for me.

Time Skip

Before I knew it, it was the next day and it was time for school. I got ready and headed out for school.

Y/N: Bye Mom! Love you!
Y/N's Mom: Bye Hun! Love ya!

As I was walking out the door I saw August already walking to school. I ran up to him and said,

Y/N: Good morning, Auggie!
August: I said stop calling me that.
Y/N: Oh cmon! It's a cute nickname.
August: Only people special to me can call me that.
Y/N: *Y/N's thoughts* I know Im not special to you yet, but I promise you that'll change.
August: Y/N, you there?
Y/N: Oh uh, yea! Sorry about that I was just uh.. thinking about who's gonna be cast for the play!
August: Right. The cast results come out today right?
Y/N: Yea! I hope I got in.

We arrived at school and immediately we saw a crowd surrounding a wall with some sort of paper on it. Oh it must be the cast results! I quickly rushed to go see the paper and I got in! Except, I was playing some random extra..

Not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed. August, of course, got cast as Romeo and Jenna got casted as Juliet. I've always envied Jenna. She was pretty, popular, and she was pretty much friends with August. The whole school has always shipped her and August from the 1st grade. She was always laughing around August and constantly flirting! Everyone knew she liked August.

As I walked to home room, I bumped into Ivy.

Y/N: Ivy! Did you see the cast list?
Ivy: Yea I did, sorry you didn't get the lead.
Y/N: I can't believe they casted Jenna! This is not fair. I'm supposed to be August's Juliet!
Ivy: I'm sure Jenna just kissed someone on the casting team to get in, she's not even that good at acting.
Y/N: Hm. I guess.

Time Skip

It was now 3rd period and I was getting ready to give my letter to August. Suddenly, Jack, the class clown, snatched my letter.

Jack: Ooh, what do we have here..
Y/N: Hey! Give that back!
Jack: Oh cmon Y/N! I'm just trying to have fun!
Jack: Opens the letter
Y/N: No! Don't!
Jack: Begins reading my letter Dear August,

August looks at Jack

Jack: Do you know the story about Rosetta and Philae? How they got lost an everything and are still somewhere in space hoping they find each other. Okay basically, let me just get to the point. I like-

Ivy snatches the letter from Jack and slaps him

Jack: Ouch!
Ivy: Don't take other people's stuff without asking!
Jack: Jeez... Okay..
Ivy: Here you go Y/N.
Y/N: Thanks..
August: Was that letter for me?
Y/N: Uhm what? Haha.. No!

I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom. Today was just horrible. I sat there and just cried. Eventually, Ivy walked in and comforted me. This day had not gone the way I wanted it to.

Time Skip

Once I got home, I went straight to my bedroom. I went on my phone and scrolled on instagram. I saw that Jenna went out with her friends to celebrate that she got the role of Juliet. I threw my phone out of anger. I didn't want to think about anything that happened at school today. It was horrible. So I read the book I had started recently. The girls love letter operation wasn't a success either, so it gave me hope. I regained that same goal to make August like me. I wondered and wondered about what I should do next. I am gonna make August like me, even if it's the last thing I do!