Scatterbrained

It all went wrong, too fast, too quick for her to comprehend. It wasn't part of the plan, she and the others were supposed to get out to safety. They were supposed to be in District 13 and not within the Capitols' clutches. They were told to keep Katniss and Peeta alive and they would be safe. But it all went wrong so fast, so quick, that she wasn't able to comprehend it.

Kai Vesper. Victor of the 66th Hunger Games. She won her games at the age of fourteen, the youngest ever female victor. All blood ties deceased but not family. Her best friend or as others would like to call him her other half, Finnick Odair. Best friends since the age of seven, never left each other's sides. She was forced back into the arena for the third Quarter Quell and the 75th annual Hunger Games.

"My name is Kai Vesper. I am the victor of the 66th Hunger Games. I survived the 75th Hunger games. I am from district four. I am trapped in the capitol with Johanna and Peeta. Finnick Odiar is my best friend. Finnick... Finnick... Finnick..." She continued to mumble  his name as she rocked back and forth. Her skin pressed against the concrete ground that was surrounded with plain white walls. The enclosed space was driving the girl insane. The only source of light she had was a dimly lit light above her head. She only got food once a week and the time she got to spend out of her cell was spent with screams of agony escaping from her lips. She never saw the others, she only hoped they were still alive. Hope. Once upon a time there was a young, naive  girl that was full of hope but that was before her name was called at her first reaping. That was before she was brought into a war. Now in her place stood a broken woman who had been through more than one could imagine. She could only hope that Finnick could keep his promise of always being there to protect her. She had waited for what felt like an eternity and she was still waiting. She hated promises. They were only empty words. But she could only pray Finnick could keep his.

She shivered as a light breeze filled the room. All she had on was a white pair of pants and a shirt that was made out of terribly thin fabric. Her body had somewhat molded to the hard floor after spending hours upon hours laying there. She had no concept of time. She didn't know if she had been in there for weeks, months or merely days. The time all blurred together into one long nightmare. She was brought out of her thoughts by the metal door to her cell opening. Two peacekeepers marched up to her and dragged her to a plain room with a bathroom and vanity. This wasn't the normal torture room so she was extrmerly confused. "You and Mr Mellark will be on Caesars' show tonight. If you make one wrong move I assure you, you will not like the consequences." One of the peacekeepers said before leaving. Seconds later a group of capitol beauticationists entered the room, holding a bunch of products. They rushed towards her and started to work on her face. Scrubbing soaps and moisturisers into the skin. Then applying layers of concealer trying to hide the dark circles under her eyes, the bruisers and the hollowed out cheekbones from malnourishment. They dug their nails into her scalp, washing it as they did so. The process made her skin crawl, they were nowhere nearly as welcoming as her stylist Wren. They put her in a white dress that went all the way down to the floor. It hugged her curves quite nicely, but also made her insecure. She hadn't seen herself in a mirror in quite some time and she can't imagine she looks pretty. Once the beauticationists were done they let her look at herself. The makeup did not do a good job of hiding anything. Her arms looked like twigs and the bones were poking out. Her legs were covered by the white dress. Her strawberry blonde hair was in light waves. She wanted to cry at how she looked, she looked sick. But what she hated the most was that she looked and felt like the capitol's puppet. A lone tear fell from her eye. She wanted to scream but she knew the outcome of an outburst would not be pleasant.

The peacekeepers came back and dragged her into a room where she saw Caesar and his crew but what shocked her the most was the blonde. "Peeta!" She yelled trying to grab his attention. He turned around and his eyes widened with shock. He didn't look much better than she did. Obviously they tried to cover it up, they did a better job with concealing it than they did with herself "Kai!" He tried to go to her but he was held back and dragged away out of her view. Peeta put up a struggle but it was no use. She cried his name but there was no response. She silenced herself knowing there was no point. After a few minutes she sat opposite Caesar, his normal brightly coloured hair as eye catching as ever. One of the cameramen lifted his fingers counting down the seconds they were going live.