Chapter 16

"celebrate"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

It was finally the next day after being scolded by Whitey. And all of us made our way to a gym that was hosting the tournament. We were currently watching the Bear Creek cheerleaders being petty but after that was the Tree Hill Ravens. I was sitting next to Nate. As we watched the girls do their routine and by the look of it they were having fun especially. I could tell by the way Brooke was smiling. They finished up and I gave a loud cheer for the cheerleaders.

After watching a few more other groups of cheerleaders, it was finally time for the awards to be given out. The teams went to form around the guy passing out the trophy. They gave put the second place trophy to the Wildcats and up next was first place.

" And first place in this years Sparkle Classic by Secret goes to...The Bear Creek Warriors. Five years in a row. Way to go." I looked down to see Brookes's expression just falter and the Warriors going to claim their trophy.

"And our final award of the competition, for best original choreography, goes to..." I looked up with my knee bouncing as I saw Claire pass the award to a girl next to her expecting to get it but the announcer spoke again. "Brooke Davis. Captain and Choreographer of the Tree Hill Ravens." I jumped out of my seat with my hands raised and gave her an ovation as she leaped to claim her trophy. I ran down the steps to reach the floor looking around to see if I could find Brooke. Right, when I found her she was already running towards me with a huge grin plastered on her face. She jumped when she reached me as I caught her and twirled her around.

"Did you see Claires face? It was absolutely hilarious," as I smiled and nodded before she squealed. "I won! Oh my God, I can't believe it!" she said trying to maintain her excitement. The cheerleaders came up running to congratulate her as we got separated but not before she gave me one last look.

~
It was finally time for us to go play the game. The team was in the locker room chanting the pregame routine as Lucas was there to wish us luck when we exited out of the hall and to the gym. The announcer introduced us as the crowd went crazy. You gotta love this feeling. I looked around the crowd to see if I could spot a particular someone. My eyes went down to the middle section of the bleachers to be greeted with pom-poms and behind them was the girl that lights up my world. Wait...

The game tipoff finally happened and as expected they were double-teaming Nathan. As for me, I was having a good game or at least I think so. Tim passed me the ball as the opponent kept leaning his weight against me trying to attempt to steal the ball. With him being so impatient I smirked before I backed up creating space as I shot a fadeaway and... The most satisfying sound, the swish of the net.

It was still a close game despite a good effort from the team as the game closed into the last 15 seconds. Coach called a timeout with us being downed by one point as we made our way to the sideline. "Tim, you're in bound to Nathan up top. We're going spread offense. Nathan, you find your open shot. If you can't we'll go with Andrew. At least he's not hungover or maybe he is. I don't even know at this point." Whitey finished as I grinned near the end of his speech before Tim huddled the team together.

We broke apart on the court taking our places right the whistle blew. Nathan received the ball and got double-teamed up right away and passed the ball to me. I caught it and started dribbling to waste the clock but then two more opponents came to cover me. I passed it back to Nate but he's taking too long to long to decide what else to do. So I escaped from my matchup and called for it running along the three-point line as he passed it to me. The clock was running out and I knew I didn't have time for a clean shot so relied on my old move, the fade away. I shot it feeling like everything was in slow motion and looked at the ball go in effortlessly. The crowd cheered and I made my way towards coach to celebrate the 500th win of his career.

~~

The rest of the trip went by fast and by the time I knew it we were already back at Tree Hill. I said my goodbyes to the others and asked Brooke if she wanted to hang out later tonight. She asked for the reason but I thought it would be a good idea to keep her guessing and with not so much convincing she finally agreed.

I reached my house that felt depressing when I entered. It wasn't because my dad wasn't here but more the fact that this house doesn't have the same homey feel it used to have. Probably because my dad basically wiped any memories it had laying around. The house only had two or three photos of the family but other than that it was plain.

I went upstairs to go take a shower and freshen up before going out later tonight. After I was done with that I pulled a navy blue shirt and pulled it over my head before putting on my pants. I dried my hair and sat on the chair where my desk was. I spun around to notice that my room felt boring and just had basics. I should really try to put my effort into my room.

Anyways after a couple of hours, I decided to send Brooke a text saying I was coming over. As usual, the drive to her house wasn't long. I locked my car and ran up to the steps of the porch. I knocked around five times and when she didn't answer I decided to see if the door was unlocked and sure enough it was. I entered the house seeing the first floor is mostly dark with only lights coming from the kitchen. I called out for her to see if she would answer and she didn't. Is she having second thoughts about agreeing to hang out with me? I mean she shouldn't we're just friends, right?

I made my way upstairs to see the reflection of her bedroom light hitting the hallway wall. "You know you should really lock your doors or else Leatherface will actually show up one of these... times." My words and smile faltering when I come to face her looking back at me with puffy eyes.

"Ugh! You really do come at the worse times," she said as she threw her head back.

"Lemme guess is it about Lucas and Peyton?" I questioned.

"Am I that predictable?"

"You are Brooks Davis so no," I answered her which made crack a small smile and look down. "And you are also the best choreographer so I'm not going to let the two of them ruin a night where you're supposed to be out and celebrating."

"What if I don't want to go out?" she asked.

"Well, then I'm going to have to look for another person to hang out with which shouldn't be a problem since I'm so cool." I teased which made her playfully roll her eyes at me. "But if you don't want to go out then we can stay here and celebrate with takeout and a bunch of movies of your choice."

"Yeah, I'm going to go with option B. Also, you have no idea what you are in for," she spoke as she grabbed the remote and patted the empty side of the bed signaling me to go seat which I did.

Third Person POV

The two teens spend the rest of the night watching movies that Brooke had already seen but wanted to share with Andrew. She basically recited line by line to him as he just laughed at her dorkiness but he went along with it and even followed her lead. Brooke didn't even have thought about her former best friend or her ex when she was anywhere around him. She felt free when she was with him and for the first time in a long time, she felt good enough.

A/N

Y'all I didn't even know that it reached 2k reads. That's crazy! I love writing this story and love that you guys are reading it!

Also, I wanted to ask y'all a question, what number should Andrew wear? I was thinking maybe 13 but I don't know. If you have any other numbers in mind, feel free to comment.

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!