CHAPTER:2

Its Been A Whole Week Since That Day And Today Was My Graduation Ceremony And Also By Coincidence Or What I Don't Know- It Was Also My Birthday But I Didn't Give Much Importance To It As Graduation Was More Important To Me, I Felt So Nervous As I Have Always Dreamed Of This Day And It Was Here Finally But Something Didn't Feel Right In My Heart, I Had A Feeling That Something Is Going To Happen Like Something Bad.

'Don't Think Too Much And Enjoy The Day You've Dreamed Of Aera'- I Comforted Myself In My Mind While Patting My Heart Gently.

I Went Downstairs To See That My Parents Were Not At Home.

"Maybe They Will Come Directly At The Ceremony, Since They Are Always Busy With Their Work Schedule"- I Murmured To Myself And Locked The Main Door Of My House From The Outside.

It Wasn't Surprising For Me That My Parents Were Not Coming With Me On My Important Day Or They Didn't Even Wish Me My Birthday Yet, Maybe I Was Habituated With That Since My Childhood. But I Knew That They Loved Me So Much And They Cared For Me So I Never Complained.

*

*

*

"Now Awarding The Certificate Of Completing The Graduation To 'MISS AERA KIM'"

As I Heard My Name Being Announced I Went On The Stage To Receive My Certificate While Looking At The Audience, Searching For My Parents.

After A Few Seconds I Found Them, And A Wide Smile Spread On My Face, Which Turned Into A Confusing Expression As I Noticed That They Both Were Sitting Separately. I Got So Confused That I Didn't Even Look At My Certificate While It Was Given.

*

*

*

The Ceremony Ended And I Quickly Went To My Parents To The Area Where All The Parents Were Told To Sit. My Mom And Dad Were Now Also Walking Towards Me With A Big Smile On Their Faces, I Could Notice That They Were Feeling So Proud For Me.

"Congratulations For Your Graduation Princess"- Dad Congratulated Me, Giving Me A Tight Hug.

Mom Also Patted Me On My Back, Feeling Proud.

"Dad?"

"Yeh?"

"Why Were You Guys Sitting Separately?"- I Asked Facing Both Of Them Directly.

Both Of Their Faces Changed Into A Different Expression And They Looked At Each Other, Preparing Themselves To Tell Me Something.

"Are You Hiding Something From Me?"- I Asked With Curiosity, Raising My Eyebrows.

With A Light Exhale My Mom Grabbed My Arms From The Both Side To Face Me In The Eye And Spoke The Words "Dear, Your Dad And I Got Into A Decision Last Month And We Decided To Separate Our Ways From Each Other"  Which Made Me Frozen On The Spot Not Knowing How To React Or What To Do.

"Wha-What Do Y-You Mean By 'Separate Our Ways'??!"- I Asked While Stuttering.

"We Were Not Growing In This Relationship Dear, It Was For The Best And We Tried To Solve All The Problems Between Us, And We Had Been Doing That Since Last 2 Years...But Eventually We Couldn't Take It Any Further"- My Dad Explained

"Yes Dear, We Didn't Want To Hide It From You But You Were So Focused On Your Studies That We Didn't Want To Disturb You Either, As Your Career Is So Important To You"- Mom Added.

"But Don't Worry Dear, Your Mother And I Are Totally In Support Of You...We Will Be The Same, Everything Will Be Same Its Just We Wont Be Living Together From Now On" – Dad Consulted Me.