Chapter 5 - A blast from the past: Part 1

Author’s chat: Heya! I realised while reading a manga a while ago (don’t ask me which, I forgot!><), that for Umi to call her new parents Father and Mother, she has to address them as Otou-sama and Okaa-sama, and not Otou-san or Okaa-san. Sorry! And sorry for the long wait, guys!

      Chapter 5 – A blast from the past: Part 1

Umi’s father looked at his wife and son. It was 3 am in the morning.

“Something has to be done. She’s skipped school for three days now. She won’t see anyone, she’s not eating and now her nightmares are back. Now you two are going to help me find a way to get her back to normal or so help me, I will do something that I know I’ll regret!!” he said threateningly.

“Chill, Otou-san. You’re always cranky when you miss a whole night’s worth of sleep,” Natsu said. His father glared at him.

“You’re both right. Yes, husband, you need to sleep and yes, we need to do something about Umi. I’m really worried now,” Umi’s mother said sadly. Natsu put his arm around her shoulders while his father rubbed his eyes.

“Maybe we should try getting those new bodyguards to help,” she said. They looked at her.

“How are they going to help?” Natsu asked.

“She was beginning to get used to them. And she was really happy spending time with them. Think about it. She’s been more cheerful and she smiles more than ever. This . . . misfortune of spotting one of the Akatsuki members has shocked her. She’s scared, so very scared of losing everything like she once did before. Telling her bodyguards, no, her friends more about her past will enable them to understand her and then they can find a way to get through to her,” Umi’s mother said.

Natsu and his father looked at each other. Then they heard Umi scream. She was experiencing another nightmare. Rushing into her room, they comforted her and waited with her until she fell asleep again.

“If it will help Umi, then let’s do it. Otherwise, she’ll go back to the way she was in the past,” Umi’s father said, while shutting the door to Umi’s room.

Naruto, Hinata, Shikamaru, Temari, Gaara and Kiba waited in the living room.

“Right, let’s get down to business. I’m sure you’re wondering why you’re here,” Umi’s father said, sitting sanza style on a floor cushion.

“Otou-san, at least let them sit down,” Natsu said, sitting on the left side of him.

“Eh? Oh, right. Yes, please sit down,” his father said. The gang sat down on the other floor cushions.

“Now, where was I? Oh, yes. I’m sure you’re wondering-”he said.

“Otou-san, you don’t have to repeat it,” Natsu said, interrupting.

A vein popped out on his father’s head.

“WILL YOU STOP INTERRUPTING ME??” he yelled, fighting with his son.

“Well, if you didn’t take so long and didn’t repeat yourself the whole time, THIS WOULD GO FASTER!!” Natsu said, fighting back.

If you two don’t hurry up and shut up, Okaa-san’s going to beat people up,” Natsu’s mom said threateningly. Natsu and his dad froze and quickly behaved themselves.