The Origin of Love

The love Penelope and Hank have for each other is often described as a love people dream about

The love Penelope and Hank have for each other is often described as a love people dream about. They were always there she was Hanks greatest weakness and some would even say greatest asset.

I was having a day off. The same day every year. I couldn't deal with the sympathetic looks everyone gave me. Sitting in the small cafe tapping my pen as I read over the file. When I said day off it more meant that I wasn't going to see anyone unless they were injured. "Hank said I could find you here" I jump looking over at the girl before me "you don't think I haven't noticed you work from home on the same day every year your never sick much like hank" I don't speak for a moment collecting my thoughts "my darling husband always knows where I am" she laughs "think he might go insane if he didn't" I hum watching her for a moment "there is a reason and I'm not there for a dam good one I don't have to explain myself" I shake my head packing my stuff up finishing my coffee before standing up "your mother I never the most caring loving person I have ever know please let me help" I run my hand through my hair. I felt sick before I could reply to her statement my phone rang. I sigh answering it. "Hello" "I take it she found you" I smile at his voice it relaxing me instantly "I don't know what you are playing at but" "I'm not playing at anything" I hum "really I will believe it when I see it" he laughs "what are you going to do" I could feel the weight of the question "I don't know" "you need to tell them Lillie you can't keep this in" I sigh "I always intend on telling Justin it's just" "you don't want them to look at you like that" I nod he knows he right he doesn't need me to answer "take Erin show her even take Jay if you want that way if something happens" I think about it the thought alone made me sick "I don't look at you different and neither will they" I sigh "fine" I take a deep breath "don't panic if you get call to pick me up" "if you can't get me have them radio it over" "love you" "love you to my Lillie" I hung up turning to Erin who patiently stood there. "Fine meet me at the cemetery you can bring Jay don't think I didn't notice him" I walk away in the opposite direction she did.

I sat before a grave as they came walking over. The name on the grave read Grace Anderson. "It's my mother" I immediately tell them "when I was ten my older brother Edward Anderson" I take a deep "he was 16 he went on a rampage killed my entire family I had nine siblings only me and my sister Cathrine survived that night he left the home after killing ten people in my six siblings, parents, aunt and her daughter. He then went and killed my aunt a four cousins my uncle and grandparents. He then proceeded to kill fourteen people that were at this church thing with my grandparents. All up he killed 32 people that night me and Cathrine were the only survivors of his wrath." I take a deep breath "This was the day I woke up to blood everywhere and police questions. The one day a year we can't stand to be Anderson's we were both ecstatic to be married to give up the Anderson name" I ran my hands over the grave "that's why I threw everything into my family made love the most important thing" I smile as so many happy memories flash through my mind "my grandfather was a responding officer to the Valentine's Day massacre in the 1920s the one Al Capone had his men do" I add "his the reason I wanted to be a cop all the stories he would tell us while putting us to bed we always wanted more. My mother was a firefighter she had just as many stories they just weren't as funny" by now both Jay and Erin are sitting beside me "what did you dad and grandmother do if you don't mind me asking" "my dad was a district attorney. My grandmother had a bakery cafe she was the best baker I never tasted anything even close to being as good as her sweets" they smile. "Justin has my fathers looks his like a look alike of my father with hanks nose ears and smile. I see my grandfather in him to." They nod "did you ever want another kid" I hum "yeah the plan was to alway have more but with our jobs and injuries it kinda just got swept away. I always wanted a little girl even had her name picked out Josephine Estelle Grace" I smile "after my sister mother, grandmother the most important women in my life" they nod.

The world didn't stop spinning. I went home after sharing the significant of this day. I was exhausted. Henry came home and I laid in his arms.