KABANATA 22

"Where did you really go?" I ask Dennis when he wake up. I am bothered for fucking sake. I trust him but thinking about Juancho's message? It leads to overthinking.

He look at me with his furrowed brows. Arghhh even me. I'll do that knowing that I already told you where the hell I came from tapos tatanungin mo ulit. Baka nasapak ko. "I'm sorry, I was just curious. Someone texted me, she saw you at the bar." I used she para hindi siya manghinala at hindi siya makakuha ng clue agad.

"Seriously? I told you already I've been from L.A. are you suspecting me? Do you think I'm lying!?" He shouted on me. I step back.

"I was just asking Love. Why do you need to shout?" I calmly ask. He's mad. I don't want to be mad too kasi sinong mag aayos samin kung pareho kaming galit? I lowered my pride.

"Asking!? The fuck Esperanza! I told you already earlier right?! I answered you already earlier right?! Why need to asked?!" I sigh and look down.

Why the hell he's shouting!?

I can't take it anymore!

"The fuck! Why can't you answer me nicely instead of being rude!? Ha!? I know I asked the same question earlier but I wanna asked it for the second time! How the hell can you afford to shout at me knowing that you're inside my property! Ha!? Now I find it more suspicious." I turn my back when he held my wrist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Love, I'm sorry. I am just tired."

"Sorry? HAHA I've heard it many times this day. I'm used to it already." I said in a cold voice.

"Tell me who told you."

"Told what?"

"The one who told you that she caught me inside the bar."

"Actually it was Juancho." Natigilan siya sa sinabi ko at daha-dahang umalis sa balikat ko.

"What!? Why did you sugar coat that fucker!? Ha!?"

"Why? Is it true?"

"He likes you! For Pete's sake Esperanza! He likes you that's why sinisiraan niya ako sayo! Hindi ka ba nakakaramdam?"

I know Juancho likes me. I can feel it. Kaya nga napapaisip ako kung nagsisinungaling ba siya sakin knowing na may gusto siya sakin. Kapag gusto mo ang isang tao, kahit katiting na kasinungalian hindi mo magagawa.

It's either comfort me with a lies or hurt me with the truths.

"Yeah, I know he likes me kaya nga napapaisip ako kung nagsisinungaling ba siya." I said in a cold voice still.

"So you believe him!? I'm your boyfriend!"

"You're my boyfriend! Hindi ko nalilimutan yan! I just want to know the truth."

"I've been from L.A. that's all. I'm going now. Take care of yourself. I'll text you when I get home."

That's new.

I nod and close the door when he was out.

I turned on my phone and notifications floods.

From: Mr. Sungit Juancho.

Why? Don't you know?

His last message. Why he sound serious?

To: Mr. Sungit Juancho

If you're just shitting and tripping me. Please stop.

Wala pa mang isang minuto nakasagot na siya.

From: Mr. Sungit Juancho

Why didn't you reply earlier?

To: Mr. Sungit Juancho