Chapter 3: First battle

Kris was surprised that Susie hadn't come running back after hearing about a missing companion, but he also wasn't at the same time. Ralsei was just confused until Kris explained who Noelle was and that she was with them on the fall but seemingly wasn't where they woke up. So they quickly sped off to where Susie had went, and predictably the magenta dinosaur was in trouble.

They had just arrived to the outskirts of the Dark Kingdom and nearing the Dark Field as Ralsei called it when they heard a familiar voice yell, "GET THE HELL OFF ME PUNK!" They quickly made their way over and saw Susie underneath a big white beast who's face was on it's stomach. Without much thought Kris charged at the beast, and something strange happened. 

It was as if the area around them dimmed, and his soul suddenly popped out of his chest. It wasn't anything painful, in fact it just seemingly floated an inch from his chest. Though it did freak him out a bit. The creature suddenly jumped off of Susie and stood in front of Kris, making him sweat nervously.

"A-Alright Kris, this'll be your first battle, so you need to be careful!" Ralsei said, quickly getting to Kris's side.

"Um, that would be a lot easier if I knew what the hell I was doing." Kris said sarcastically.

"... Oh right we never covered battles... Excuse us for one second." Ralsei turned himself and Kris away from the creature. "Basically that heart in front of you is your soul, the very culmination of your being. If that or yourself takes too much damage, it's game over. You can defeat Darkners in a multitude of ways, which I recommend trying to spare monsters first. You're also able to access your inventory, which holds your weapons and items and such, so you should look out for that. And also-"

"ALRIGHT YOU STUPID THING, TIME TO DIE!" Susie, after finally getting up, charges at the creature, but gets tossed straight towards Kris who dodges elegantly. "Damn that things annoying."

"Susie, are you okay? Do I need to heal you?" Ralsei asked before quickly snapping his fingers. "Oh right, magic is a thing. Basically, we all have magic but we can charge it over time with TP, or Talent Points. If we do specific actions we can build that up and get access to stronger spells."

"Hm. Alright then, let's take care of this care then." Kris said before turning to the Darkner, who he's gonna call Pinzer, like that one creature from Pocket Creatures. The Pinzer struck the ground with it's fist and sent white shock waves towards the trio. They all quickly dodge out of the way and Susie began to charge at Pinzer. Kris meanwhile was thinking of something to ACT upon.