v. garden song.

≪•◦ ──── ❈ ──── ◦•≫

everything's growing in our gardenyou don't have to know that it's haunted

you don't have to know that it's haunted

≪•◦ ──── ❈ ──── ◦•≫

Harry awoke the following morning with a grin so wide he is sure his cheeks are red.

The sunlight baths his bare back as he buries his face into his pillows, feeling his heart leap at the memory from the night before. Serafina's lips would forever and always be upon his, from the very first night.

He finally urges himself out of bed, too eager to see her. He brushes his teeth, hastily runs his hands through his unruly hair, and dashes out the room past his nurse. Serafina and Theo usually spent their mornings walking by the garden, so that was where he was currently headed.

Harry grabs an apple from the cafeteria before heading outside; it was required to at least eat three healthy meals a day, so the red fruit was close enough.

He shivers from the bitterly cold winter air which greets him like an old friend. Internally, however, he was warmer than the core of the earth. He stuffs his hands into his coat pocket while walking rather briskly, amusing himself with the puffs of smoke that left his lips.

"Where are you off to this early in the morning?" Theo's cheery voice comes from behind, "Your happiness is too unnatural..."

"To see Serafina of course." Harry simply replies, slowing his pace down to let Theo catch up, "As per usual."

"Ah yes." he nods, "So did you enjoy that party last night? You were walking back with this huge, dopey grin."

Harry frowns, "I did enjoy the party, in fact. Mind you, I'd like to spare you the details of what happened on the terrace."

Theo halts suddenly.

Harry raises a brow as he glances back to where he paused, genuinely confused by his unexpected reaction. His hands enclose around the apple in his pocket anxiously.

"What did you say?" Theo asks carefully, his tone low.

"About the terrace?"

His eyes widen, "Holy shit. You and Serafina kissed there? Holy shit..."

The realization hits Harry quickly, "Fuck- I didn't realize you were into her! I'm sorry, I swear didn't-"

Theo shakes his head frantically, "No- no... It's not like that. I love her, but she's my sister. I mean it's fine you kissed her, great even. But she-"