-PART TEN-

John B's POV
—————

For nine months, everybody tried to get me to believe my dad's dead. They say I'm in denial. Whatever. Denial is underrated you should try it sometime. It's highly effective and it's only denial if you're wrong.

Once the sun came up I got on my boat and started heading back to Mr. Cameron's to return the oxygen tanks I..borrowed. My dad is the last guy who would ever get lost at sea. This compass coming back to me, my fathers compass, which was passed down for generations, it's a sign.

My dad's still alive, and Im gonna find him. I turned towards Mr Cameron's boat once I got to it. I tied off S.S Pogue, grabbed the oxygen tanks, and quietly got on Mr Cameron's boat.

I quietly opened the glass door to the room where the oxygen tanks belonged. I looked up and of course, Sarah Cameron was asleep on the couch. The oxygen tanks clattered together. She steered and put her hand over her eyes. "Wheezy will you shut up." She muttered. They banged against each other again but louder this time.

She gasped to the sound and slowly sat up. "God, you're not Wheezy." She says. "Correct. Yeah." I sighed. "I'm sorry." I spoke.

"What are you doing?" She asked. "Uh..I'm just dropping of some scuba gear." I explained. "What are- what are you doing here?" I stuttered.

"It's our boat. It's also the only place with air conditioning." She claimed. "Did you um...top up the tanks?" She asked. "Uh...no, powers down, so the compressors were off." I said. "So you're sneaking onto our boat at 5:00 a.m. with empty tanks?" She says.

"I'll make sure to tell Ward." She smiled. "Okay. Cool. Cool. Im just gonna lay these here." I muttered. "Yeah, right in the middle of the room is fine." She spoke sarcastically. "Yeah, this is pretty much what he told me to do." I lied. "Bye." She said. I began to walk out then stopped.

"Actually, you know, what—what exactly were you gonna tell your dad?" I chuckled. "Nothing much. Just that you poached our scuba gear." She shook her head. "Okay, fuck. I borrowed it for a few hours. Okay? And then I brought it back intact and unharmed." I explained.

"Minus air." She said. "Look, please don't tell him. Okay? He'll fire me." I begged. "What are you gonna do? Pull a gun on me?" She asked. "Okay, I didn't know JJ was gonna do that." I defended. "That's convenient to believe. Maybe you should get better friends." She scoffed. "Well, maybe you should get a better boyfriend." I snapped. "Like one who doesn't poach?" She asked. "Look, please, just don't tell him. Okay." I said.

"Relax. I'm not gonna tell him anything. Your secret's safe with me, John B." She said. I smiled at her and nodded my head. "Okay. You can leave now." She said. "Right yeah."

I walked out back to my boat. I untied it and cranked her then I started heading back to my house. Once I got home I laid on the pullout and fell asleep.

Y/N POV

Me and JJ spent the night at his house last night, surprisingly his dad wasn't there. We drove over to John B's on JJ's dirt bike. He again wanted to be alone because he found his dads compass.

We finally got there and got off of the bike then walked to the front door. There was a piece of paper slid into the window on the door. It was from the Department of Child Services and it was a summons notice. JJ saw an opportunity to scare John B and took it.