Chapter 7: Revenge

"OK, Jimin, I need you to open up," I heard the doctor say.

My left eye I can open OK, but the right one was busted. I couldn't even move, let alone feel it.

"Doc, I can't open the right one," I said.

"OK, well, just minor injuries, you're lucky that bat didn't break any bones," the doctor explained.

As the doctor went over to give me an ice pack, I saw my mom and dad walk into the doctor's office.

"How are you doing honey," my mom said.

"Hey, I'm doing alright," I replied.

"It's going to be fine, son; the nurse outside just discussed what's going to happen in the upcoming days," my dad said.

"Jimin, can you tell me who did this," my mom asked.

"Oh, it was just a couple of people in Jungkook's neighborhood who beat me up."

"Were you with Jungkook," my mom asked.

"N~No," I shook my head, 

"OK, we'll find these people who did this. For now, let's get you signed out," my mom said as I got off the doctor's bed. 

As we drove home sitting in the back seat, I looked out the window passing all the houses. For a moment, I reminisced all that had happened just a few hours ago. Jungkook and those other dudes. That question you begin to wonder, why, why did he do that. Then I began to wonder, "did I do something."  Did I do something to make Jungkook mad at me?

"Hey, Jimin," my mom said.

"Yeah," I said in the backseat.

"We already contacted your school. They said they are willing to excuse you for this week to get better," my mom said.

"OK, thank you," I replied.

Finally, when we got to the house, I was the first to walk in.

"Jimin, you want anything? I can make you your favorite," my mom smiled.

"Thanks, mom," I said as I walked back upstairs.

When I got to my bed, I lay down, staring at the ceiling.

"Jimin," I heard Vox.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Why did you lie," Vox said.

"About what?"

"You didn't tell your parents that Jungkook was the one who beat you up," Vox said.

"I can't just tell my parents that. Jungkook is basically like a nephew to my parents. I can't do that, not now," I explained to Vox.

"Jimin, I say you tell them what happened," Vox said.

"No, that's stupid," I said.

"Jimin, go tell them," Vox said.

"No, Vox, I'm not doing that.