A couple of months later

Jacob's Point of View

Bella is spiraling out of control. She has started doing things that even make Paul and Jared pause. She does reckless things like riding bikes faster than ever, going on rides with strangers in the middle of the night, jumping off cliffs, etc. She even voluntarily went shopping with the Jessica girl for goodness sake. What is wrong with her?

She has come to the garage asking me to help fix some bikes. Privately Charlie even told me to keep an eye on her but I can't help but notice how un-Bella-like she is acting. And honestly, it is making me wary of her.

Sam warned me that no matter what, she cannot know the pack's secret. How he knew that I would tell her in hopes that it would bring her back. I do not know.

Bella's Point of View

They think I don't notice. But of course, I do. They think the way I am behaving now is because of my reaction to Edward leaving.  I suppose it is a good thing that he left. Now it gives me an excuse to act like my real self not one of the many personas I had made over the years. Although I suppose when you live for as long as I have, you tend to get bored. And my favorite hobbies were doing magic and acting.

I remembered when I was a mere child, my mother had shunned me because she considered me an abomination of nature, my twin would teach me magic. We would practice when everyone else was asleep.

 He would allow me to siphon his magic for practice, never hesitating, never once being afraid that I would take away all his magic. In the later centuries when we met our older sister, she taught me even more. 

Knowledge of witchcraft was something my brother and I coveted. We studied and learned and practiced any time we were free. When my twin lost his magic...He went over the edge.

 It changed him, no longer being able to practice it. It took years for my siblings and me to bring him back, but after we did, he still studied it, taught me everything he knew, which I can assure you is quite a lot. He often told me, 'I am doing magic through you sister, so never stop, if not for yourself then for me.'

In case anyone is wondering, I am what people call Heretic. I am half Vampire, half Witch. I was born without magic, only with the ability to siphon magic, so when I turned I had a direct source of magic-Myself.

Anyways where was I, oh yes Jacob and the rest of the pack thought I was spiraling out of control, but I wonder, if they call this spiraling out of control, what would they do if I flipped the switch? Hmph, I am tempted to find a way to do it just to see their reaction. But then turning it back on would be a pain.

I started reverting back to my real self again, a little by little, but it feels nice to not pretend, to not worry you are gonna say something that might blow your cover. While it is fun acting, it gets boring after a while. 

I would say I had grown fond of Edward and his family to be nice, but unfortunately, I am not particularly nice. My older brother had nicknamed me "Little Nightmare" because of my stupid height. I was the shortest in my entire family, and how that is possible I do not know.

Nevertheless, it was amusing to watch Jacob give me wary glances when he thought I wasn't looking. I did however enjoy spending time with the pack. They were pretty fun...at least if a few of them were. Seth was an energetic wolf if anyone had ever met one.