Kiddie Rescued

FOREWARN: This fanfic is also set in my 'Lickboot's Redemption' AU fanfic, so Michael, Robyn, Tom & Jerry are aware of the fake reward money.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our story begins at the scene where the fire department and police were rescuing Kiddie, Squawk, and Dr Applecheek from the broken bridge.

"Got the captain and his bird, Bringing 'em up now." said the fire chief, as he helped Kiddie up onto the cliff.

"It's Ok, sir." another member of the fire crew said, throwing a blanket over Kiddie. "You're safe now."

On the other side of the bridge, Dr Applecheek was helped outta the now algae-covered ice-cream cart by 2 police officers.

"That's him!" a voice suddenly shouted, pointing to Applecheek, "That's the jerk who hijacked my ice-cream cart!" It was the owner of the ice-cream cart that Applecheek had hijacked.

"I had no choice!" Applecheek protested, "My own henchmen dumped me! I had to try to claim the reward!"

"Tell it to the judge, doc!" A big burly officer said, handcuffing Applecheek, and escorting him to a police car. Kiddie and Squawk watched as Applecheek was taken away. Of course, the fire chief had heard everything Applecheek said.

"Reward?" the fire chief said, turning to Kiddie. "What reward?"

"The reward that Miss Pristine Figg promised us for returning a girl named Robyn Starling!" Squawk said.

At that moment, Michael Starling arrived in his helicopter, followed by his daughter Robyn, and Tom & Jerry.

"I don't think that'll be necessary, sir." Michael Starling said. "It turns out the reward money was a lie."

"What?" Kiddie & Squawk said, for quite different reasons.

"Turns out my old lawyer Lickboot set up a phony scam with Pristine Figg to try and claim my fortune, involving a million dollar bounty on Robyn." Michael Starling said.

"So, there was no reward money after all?" Squawk asked.

"Nope." Kiddie frowned. "There was no reward money, and there never was. It was all a scam. Which means us holding Robyn hostage was for nothing."

It was then he saw Robyn and her dad, Tom, Jerry, and the fire chief glaring at him. "Uhh, did I say that out loud?" he asked.

"I see." the fire chief said seriously. "Cuff him."

The police immediately cuffed Kiddie [and muzzled Squawk for good measure] and shoved him into a patrol car.

Robyn, Michael Starling, Tom & Jerry watched him go.

"Sure sucks to be that guy." Tom said to no one in particular.

--------------------------------

A/N: Reviews are appreciated.